cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at 4G network although I subscribed to a 5G US & Canada plan

williamaveryck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My S23+ with a public mobile eSIM is stuck at 4G even though I subscribed to a 5G US & Canada plan.

7 REPLIES 7

Try to change the CSC if possible 

williamaveryck

Ths S23+ is from a carrier in the Philippines. It is my uncle's phone and is staying here in Canada for awhile. I also had to switch account in the Play Store as the PM app couldn't be downloaded using his account due to region difference. Looks like this S23+ has the same issue as your S20FE. What's the workaround on this?

@williamaveryck wrote:

I'm fairly knowledgble on Android and on networks in general. All the things you guys mentioned were considered already. The weird thing is my S23 Ultra never had this issue to this day and I'm literally using both.. but for some reason this S23+ is stuck at 4G and always at mid signal strength.. it's never full signal.

It is not surprising if you do somehow end up being stuck with 4G only on a 5G capable Samsung device.  If this device was from a different region or maybe a different carrier brand that can do it.  I bought a 5G capable S20 FE 5G from Public Mobile and I can't get 5G.  

williamaveryck

I'm fairly knowledgble on Android and on networks in general. All the things you guys mentioned were considered already. The weird thing is my S23 Ultra never had this issue to this day and I'm literally using both.. but for some reason this S23+ is stuck at 4G and always at mid signal strength.. it's never full signal.

@williamaveryck wrote:

My S23+ with a public mobile eSIM is stuck at 4G even though I subscribed to a 5G US & Canada plan.

All of Public Mobile's price plans allow access to the same networks.  So, even if you were on a 3g or 4g Public Mobile plan, you should still be able to access the 5g network. When Public Mobile advertises a plan as being 3g, 4g, or 5g, they are only referring to different maximum speeds that have been set by them (the cell phone service provider).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@williamaveryck make sure OS is updated.  

Turn off Power Save mode and Data save mode

If that still does not work, check the network mode screen and  check  what network mode  choices do you have 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@williamaveryck 

can you go in to your cellphone settings to select 5G ?

Need Help? Let's chat.