cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still being charged

Greck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve stopped using Public Mobile (mainly for this exact reason) but I’m still being charged. When I try to submit a ticket, I get to a certain point in the automated process and it kicks me out and tells me to sign back in. Because I changed carriers, I don’t think I can get back into my public mobile account to stop the auto payment. So I’m stuck, being charged for a service I’m not using, and no way to contact anyone to change it. 

7 REPLIES 7

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Greck   Do you mind clarifying about what you mean when you say you've stopped using PM service? 

Normally, you would need to disable pre-authorized payment (stop future debits to your card), or ask support to remove the payment card on account or put the account into Lost/Stolen mode and after ninety days of non-payment (which also applies to first option) the account/number would deactivate. 

Of course, porting out your number (as mentioned) would also stop further payments. 

@Greck wrote:

I thought the same thing about stopping all payments. When I check my visa there are charges from PM. My account is closed but I can access the community page. I’ve tried to message directly to see what’s going on. 

@Greck  - Community login credentials are different then your My Account login credentials. 

So even after your Public Mobile Account is officially closed and access to My Account is discontinued, you can continue to use your Community login without issues.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Greck   How  you "stopped using Public Mobile", did you ported out the number?  If so, you have done the proper thing

As to PM continues charging you, it is an easy ask, just open ticket with PM support with direct message and they will investigate and refund the overcharged

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Greck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I thought the same thing about stopping all payments. When I check my visa there are charges from PM. My account is closed but I can access the community page. I’ve tried to message directly to see what’s going on. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Greck 

If you ported your number out of PM before your renewal date…you won’t be charge but if you ported out after the renewal date then you will be charge for the following month.

You might want to create a ticket on SIMon Chatbot on the bottom of page or private message on the envelope icon above and request a refund.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Greck 

If you have been in nonpay/suspended status for over 90 days, or ported your Public Mobile number to another provider, then you lost your Public Mobile account, phone number, and access to My Account.

SOO you should not be charged.

Otherwise, you need to remove autopay to stop payments. Can you still log into your account?

If not contact ­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) methods found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Greck  Try this link direct message 

while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.