cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow 4G speeds? Tried suggestions and still no results

inaiqi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I’ve been with public for over 5 years now.

My brother saw my 3mb download speeds today and was shocked with how slow it was compared to his.

I’ve reset my phone, reset the network, tried making a ticket (kept giving me an error), and have tried many suggestions on the forums.

I believe I upgraded from the 3G to 4G plan. Can someone tell me how to unthrottle my data? 

Best regards

5 REPLIES 5

Typhon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had the same problem and it was solved by CS - you you to contact them and ask them to re-set your SIM card.

ALSO for day to day use such as emails, texting and voice calls you may not even notice the upgrade from 3G to 4G.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@inaiqi You should change your plan to the $39/20GB 4G plan. $1 cheaper and 5GB more data. Make sure to set it to change at next scheduled renewal, not immediately.

As for your issue, you should be getting better than 3Mbps if the conditions are right. How's your signal? Are these results consistent? Or just at certain times of day or certain areas?

inaiqi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been on this plan for at least a month now. I’ve tried all of the above but do not have another phone to swap sims with.

I am on the 4G 15gb plan for 40$

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

When did you make this plan change? With all the changes around here I don't recall reading if this is still a thing but it can take a couple days for the new speed to take effect.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Which plan are you using?

Need Help? Let's chat.