cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pitiful speeds pretty much everywhere. iPhone 15 pro on 5G

xxxJDxxx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone speeds on my iPhone 15 pro on Public 5G seem to just get worse and worse over the last few months. I often have to wait 30 seconds to get a basic website like amazon to load. 
Running a speed test on fast.com I'm often only seeing 10Mbps. 
I have an iPhone 11 work phone on the Bell network. The phone is not 5G capable and it consistently gets much higher speed test results when holding the two phones side by side. What gives?
Are we getting second tier service through public mobile? Why is it that even when my phone shows strong signal it consistently tests the slowest out of all my peers and coworkers when I have the newest phone capable of the fastest speeds?
On a public mobile 5G 40GB plan FWIW. 

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@xxxJDxxx 

What is the voice and data setting set at?

Is it on 5G Auto and Data Mode on Allow More Data on 5G?

Keep in mind that this will drain your battery and battery health a lot quicker.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @xxxJDxxx PM is tier 3 carrier but they get as good the network as Telus

is that a physical sim? Can you test the sim in another phone 

your iPhone has the latest iOS and for latest carrier profile?

if same, ask support to refresh your account and hope that helps

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@xxxJDxxx PM 5G is only up to 250mbs Telus has 5G+ up to 2GBps true 5G speed .the 5G here isn’t real 5G speed is more a gimmick . I have old 4G plan also with Telus that’s not capped and easily gets 700mbs . Unlike the up to 100mbs 4G plans PM sells you 

Need Help? Let's chat.