cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIm Card Activation Failed

asubhan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

i was registering my new SIM last night and the process was timed out as soon as i selected my number. 

The new sim card activation page will not let me restart the process again. The error message that i get is "Invalid SIM number" 

Appreciate the help in advance. 

regards, 

A Subhan 

12 REPLIES 12

@darlicious wrote:

@Madder88 wrote:

I am new to public mobile as well. I received my SIM card and went to

activate it and it has said the same thing. That the request has failed. I have tried doing the process over again and it says that the SIM card has been used in another session. Can anyone please help me?? I don’t know what to do thanks 

@Madder88  First of all dont worry after an error during activation the system will lock you out for about an hour then you can try again. I will follow this post with advice on how to successfullyvactivate without errors. Go get a refreshing beverage while you wait it out and tune back in ....in 5min.

@Madder88  Follow these steps for success...clear your browser and use secret mode before you start. Use chrome or Firefox if possible. Have a copy of your credit card statement with your billing address. Have a paper and pen to copy your email, password, pin #, security question and answer...put this in a safe place. Fill out the first page...copy your address from cc statement do the same at the end. Leave apt/unit box blank and no space in postal code. Use ALL CAPS if your statement does. Put referral code in box halfway down first page. Second page...choose temporary number you can port your number in after activation speeds things up and avoids problems. Third page.. pick your plan, enter credit card info...and address as above...register for autopay.. If you have a promo code put it in the promo box. Submit payment.  Cross fingers and wait for welcome text and email. Make sure your SIM is in phone. Reboot if necessary. If you have all your services log into self serve account and port your number by going to change number .

@Madder88 wrote:

activate it and it has said the same thing. That the request has failed. I have tried doing the process over again and it says that the SIM card has been used in another session. Can anyone please help me?? I don’t know what to do thanks 

@Madder88  First of all dont worry after an error during activation the system will lock you out for about an hour then you can try again. I will follow this post with advice on how to successfullyvactivate without errors. Go get a refreshing beverage while you wait it out and tune back in ....in 5min.

@Madder88 wrote:

You have to wait 50 minutes.

Madder88

PubMob2018

I'm having the same issue with my Dad's phone # ported from Telus. The activation didn't go smoothly, to say the least. Now, he's stuck with an invalid SIM and cannot log in to his PM account. Try calling 1-855-478-2542 and enter the number in question to see if you can access the account balance, add-ons, etc. I also received the $1 credit for the referral indicating that my Dad had signed up (sort of). I've already tried contacting @CS_Agent with no luck so far after almost 2 days. Good luck! I hope we both hear from them soon.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @asubhan

Could you send me your Public Mobile SIM card number through a private message? I will assist you with this 🙂

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

asubhan

can anyone else from Public Mobile assist with this request please. 

Much Appreciated

asubhan

@Shazia_K I did enter the correct SIM number. It keeps saying invalid SIM. 

Also i refered someone and they receved a text message saying the activation is complete. However neither my account was set up on Public Mobile nor does the network work on my phone

@Chaos_Scorpio Since they got the Invalid SIM number error, I'm thinking the registration process is "stuck." Their SIM number has been assigned to the account number, that's why it can't be added again to another account.

Hello @asubhan

Welcome to Public Mobile, 

I'm sorry to hear about the activation issue, did you try entering the exact same SIM card number as printed on the SIM card itself? remember, that the SIM card must be in an unused state. 

Please let me know and I will further assist. 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you try restarting the process on a different browser? if so, a mod will have to look into it @Mary_M

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Hey @asubhan you've come to the right place to get some help. One of the Community moderators will assist you when they're available. Shouldn't be too long.

Need Help? Let's chat.