cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card not Working

Lubkes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there. I just went on vacation for the last month to Vietnam. While I was away, I used a local SIM card and everything worked fine. I just got back this past Friday and my Public Mobile Sim doesn't work anymore. I tried using other sims card in my phone to see if it was the problem and they worked fine. Just wondering if my SIM was deactivated or just wondering if I neeed order a new one?

10 REPLIES 10

ritatmariam
I got my SIM in the 17th of November and suddenly it stopped working. I even checked in another phone it shows the SIM is not detected. Could you help me with this issue?

sharlene5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I'm having a similar issue. I just signed up for Public Mobile and I got a notice saying "no sim card. emergency calls only" on my Samsung S6. I ordered a new sim, but now get a notice just saying "emergency calls only". Any clue what's up? I signed up 3 days ago so assuming service should be up and running by now. 

Also, my phone is unlocked but i'm not getting a menu with APN settings - only VPN is listed. Very confusing!

At least when you get the new SIM it'll confirm your suspicions. Hopefully your service will work right away!

If you're still having issues after that, consider what @ute1978 said about checking your APN settings. It's possible with visiting Vietnam that your phone adopted the settings from the carrier you were using. You may need to delete that profile and re-add the PM information. I think doing this is more for data usage, but I'm sure ute1978 can help you (if needed).

Lubkes

I have the for Moto XT1058. i had the sim card in my bag pocket for most of the vacation then I moved it to a ziplock. Might have got rain damaged while it was in pocket since we were there during rainy season. I just ordered a new sim so I hope it fixes the problem

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

How about checking the APN settings if you have to change them back to the Telus network?

That's too bad @Lubkes that your SIM may be damaged. Out of curiosity, what phone do you have?

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Usually when I need to take a sim card out, I'll put it in another phone or in a ziplok bag to avoid damage... sim cards scratch super easily

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can order a new sim card from this link:  https://store.publicmobile.ca/cart

Once you get the sim card, sign into your account and click on "Plans & Add-ons" and then click on "Change Sim card" and then enter the serial number of the new sim card and update.  

Lubkes

Yup. I logged into my account it's showing that it's active.So it's likely that it's damaged? I tried using in my friends unlocked phone and it wasn't registering it either. How do i order a new sim?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Lubkes!

Your sim should not be deactivated unless 90 days have passed since your last plan expiry date.  Which I suspect is not the case for you.

So, sign into your account and check the status, if it shows status "Active" then your sim card may be physically damaged. In that case, go over to the sim order page and order a new sim card.  Thanks to the recent changes, you will get the sim card very quickly via xpresspost for just $5.

If the status says "Suspended" then your plan has expired and you need to make a payment and restore service.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

EDIT:   Does it say "No service" in the status bar where it should say "Public Mobile"?  Does the sim card connect to network at all? What happens when you attempt to call or send a text?  

Need Help? Let's chat.