cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unregistered SIM following activation and number says out of service

ddolan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got my number ported yesterday Oct, 20th, was working as of 3pm with no issues until today until 11am. on the 21st. When i call my cell number it says the number is out of service. The phone itself says unregistered SIM. The account was setup on the 90 day term so no chane it has expired.

I have email PM but thought i would see if anyone had any suggestions here other than reseeding SIM and reboots.

20 REPLIES 20

@SteveMeYou are doing this support thing wrong.. if you can start a thread of your own by clicking here and type out your problem. As fellow users of Public Mobile maybe we can point you to the right direction.

I am assuming your account WAS active, you have paid up and suddently say it is out of service?

Here is a few questions I would have.

1. How did you sign up? DIY or at store?
  2. Did you port the number, ie transfer the number from 1 carrier to Public Mobile? If so from where?
  3. Does your phone with SIM displays Public Mobile on the top notification bar where the provider name is? can it dial out?
  4. Where did you get your phone? Is it under contract previously? If a phone has been blacklisted it can also display the same symptoms.
  5. What happens when you dial in? Does it go into a voicemail menu you recognize, more importantly can you retrieve your voicemail with your own PIN?
  6. If there is no Public Mobile as a provider, what happens if you put your SIM car into another phone that is known to be working?
  7. Log into your selfserve account? can you do it? What does it say?
  8. Has there been anything weird going on with your email ie the one you used to register the SIM card? eg if you use Gmail, look at Gmail's security feature, account for all the logins. (outlook.com has similiar features) If there is anything abnormal, someone has compromised your account.
  9. Do you use a same password for all of your online accounts?

There are a few possibilities.. Public Mobile user accounts COULD BE at fault. OR if selfserve gives you something like user disabled error message. You might have a chance that your number got ported out by someone unauthorized.

We are all just regular users here.. so we have no access to your account particulars, and can't read minds or know whatyour phone situation is.. but if you give us more information.. maybe it could be something simple like you need to reactivate your account etc.

SteveMe

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@imcphers

@imcphers wrote:

@Jeremy_M can you confirm that sending a PM to one moderator will be seen by all moderators?

Ian

That is correct 🙂

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite thanks for tagging me. I appreciate that:)

neo911

Thanks a lot @Luddite for tagging me.

I might have missed this important post since was busy with work.

Great work by @Jeremy_M for spelling out the process and mentioning the timings. Even I was confused as to which moderator to contact and when. But now everything is crystal clear to understand.

Well, i suggest them to make one single account just for tagging purpose and do exactly that. Otherwise, mods will know which users likes to tag who HeartSmiley LOL lol 

@NDesai Quoting Jeremy: "Regardless of who you tag, your question goes into a pool of questions that is distributed to all of our Moderators. This takes all the guesswork out of the process and means that as long as you are tagging or private messaging at least one of the Moderators, you will get a response."

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite I don't think tagging one will send notification to all. What Jeremy might meant is that whoever is online and see the post with the tag will know it by actually viewing the post, but not through notification. If that was possible, they would rather have one @PM_staff account or something like that, so we all would tag one to reach all. 

imcphers

Read the post this morning - very clear on how the tagging works now - much improved.

Still not sure about the PM - I know Jeremy mentions once that sending a PM to one moderator will be seen by all - but the post mostly focused on the tagging element.

@Jeremy_M can you confirm that sending a PM to one moderator will be seen by all moderators?

Ian

imcphers

@Luddite

Read the post this morning - very clear on how the tagging works now - much improved.

Still not sure about the PM - I know Jeremy mentions once that sending a PM to one moderator will be seen by all - but the post mostly focused on the tagging element.

Ian

@imcphers @daredogg @srlawren @imm1304 @ute1978 @Rockdaddy22 @JaK @NDesai @stonechucker @Ionut @Chaos_Scorpio @neo911 @kav2001c @makkahn28

The contact procedure has been updated Mods' procedures and we now only need to tag or private message one to reach all. Apologies for missing any regular contributor and misleading you all.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ddolan

Thanks Mary for resolving the problem after sending the requested information. Much appreciated.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Click on the Community main page, and to the right you will have the small mailbox icon. Click on it, and you will access your messages 🙂 @mjs

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

mjs
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi Mary_M,

How do I view my private msgs?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @ddolan

Thank you for your reply !

Can you please private message me your phone number? I'll look into this for you 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

ddolan
Good morning. I haven't received any word from email support yet. I had this problem initially after porting the number and telus tech support texted me it was resolved. Worked great for about half the day and now back to unregistered SIM

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @ddolan

Thank you for reaching out to us !

Was an agent able to help you via our email support ? If they already raised a ticket, we will need for the back-end team to rectify.

Please confirm 🙂

Mary

@ddolan Most of us here in the Community can atest to faster service by posting something here, so you've come to the right place. One of the moderators will be in by 9:00 am (EST). I'm sure they'll be able to help you, and get your service restored. Like you think, it may have to do with the porting of your number.

ddolan

Sent email into PM already but will do to the moderators too...They had some difficulty with the porting so i am suspecting it is something related to that as i was getting similar problems during the port issue. Thanks for reply. much appreciated.

imcphers

Hi @ddolan

That is very strange - assuming that you have already tried the SIM re-install and reboot based on your comments.

Make sure you send a PM to the moderators @Mary_M@Shazia_K and @Saray_O so they can check into your situation first thing tomorrow.

Ian

Need Help? Let's chat.