cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Port In.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Okay so I just ported someone in from Roger's, they have a Corporate Roger's Account but Public still had a better price so they made the switch officially today. 

I submitted the Port Request and proceeded to wait 5 mins for the Roger's SIM to Receive it, instead of a Port Request svc Message he immediately got the 'Rogers svc msg: We've received approval to transfer your wireless number to another provider. Didn't authorize this? Call us now at 1-877-327-8503.' Message.. yet he didn't reply or approve any Port Request message yet. 

It seems to have magically approved itself? It's very rare that I Port Roger's Corporate to Public, its almost always Roger's Post-Paid or Pre-Paid so do Corporate Account Mobility Lines just not get the Port Request message if you use the correct Previous Providers Account Number when submitting the Port Request, and just automatically go through?

I'll report back in an hour and a half with an update.

8 REPLIES 8

Priority

Update: the Port completed and the Roger's SIM Lost Reception, no letter, nor verification for approval needed by the looks of it. Everything was successful.

Priority

You might be right, the Port may not have worked. 

Maybe Rogers is getting a little lax on this. We had someone earlier with a landline that didn't seem to need any verbal confirmation. Maybe the corporate account has a standing permission on file.
I helped someone pull a corporate number out of a company and the old provider needed a letter on file from the company to let it be ported out.

Priority

He owned the company which the corporate account was for, the name and email matched the same on the Public Account as his Roger's Account. 

I'm assuming someone at Roger's didn't want to do all that extra work and since everything matched and we used the correct Account Number, they just approved it.. 

I'm just guessing 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

OK. Something is off here. If this was a Corporate Account then there should have been a freeze on porting. Unless the customer received written authorization from the company giving him permission to port. Then sent it to Rogers Corp Dept prior to porting and someone there marked the account as OK to port. If your "someone" did not do this, one of two things happened. The port wasn't fully successful or someone at Corp messed up. 

I know this for fact as we at work all have Corp Account phones. For any of our guys who are retiring and want to keep their number, our organization has to give our service provider written permission. Just saying, something is off.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is kind of like a Zoomer port which has no fraud protection.  

Priority

I was also wondering if someone maybe Approved it manually in the backend of Roger's since it was a Corporate Account. 

I love to learn, and this will give me the knowledge in the future when I do the next Roger's Corporate Mobility Port in. 

I appreciate the clarification. 🙏

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Priority 

because it is corporate account  the user of the number does not own the account.  Usually they talk to the office and the office call Rogers for verbal approval for releasing the line

Need Help? Let's chat.