cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming issue in US

ervishalpadiya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I travelled last Wednesday to Friday to US but no internet connection was available. I purchased $30 add on pack for US but was of no use. I struggled a lot because of this issue as I was not able to book cab no navigation. Was a terrific experience. Though text and call was working fine. Is there any solution of this problem ? If anyhow I won't be able to use data in US then I might need to switch to other service providers.

6 REPLIES 6

poutinecity
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

what phone do you have?  let us know and we can help you adjust your settings for next time.  even if you use any carrier in Canada, you may still have problems with roaming in the US until you change the settings on your device.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ervishalpadiya - if you could not use any services whilst in USA and you purchased the appropriate roaming addon, perhaps you'd like to share your experience and possibly ask for a credit of what you paid with an agent.

Go to the bottom of the Community page to submit a ticket with Customer Support Agents using the SIMon Chatbot option.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

If calling and texting was working you likely didn't enable data roaming on your actual phone. Most phones have this off by default, so you have to turn it on. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ervishalpadiya 

Hard to troubleshoot your problem since you are in Canada now.  

If talk and text worked, you were connected to the US carrier partner

Here is some more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/us-roaming

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ervishalpadiya 

make certain that you've enabled Roaming Data in settings.

BTW...where were you in US ? Sounds like talk / text were fine.

Is VOLTE enabled on your cell phone ?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @ervishalpadiya 

since calls working, you should have connected to the network, T-Mobile 

make sure data roaming is enabled on your phone, there is such settings on the phone 

and change the Network type to 4G or LTE 

Need Help? Let's chat.