cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in the UK?

mnhkt21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can anyone shed some light if I want to take my public mobile sim to the UK for a week?

9 REPLIES 9

mnhkt21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

appreciate your feedback

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@mnhkt21  Check out The mobile network run by you | giffgaff.  If it looks suitable send me a private message and I will mail you a SIM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

HI @mnhkt21  and if you are going to get data sim card, and VoIP app, you can forward you PM number to the VoIP number before you leave.  Then take the sim card out like what @HALIMACS suggested.  When you are there, the VoIP app will ring when people call your PM number

But sorry, no text forwarding.  So, if you need 2FA SMS text for bank or email access, you won't get it.  Arrange other form of 2FA 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mnhkt21 

Nope PM doesn’t work in UK. I would suggest you pickup a local SIM there and put the PM SIM in a small ziploc bag in a safe place.

You can use WhatsApp is both parties have this app for free wifi calling and texting.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM does not provide service outside of Canada/US (with add-ons).

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I would recommend if going outside of Canada &  the US that you remove the public mobile Sim card and leave it in Canada.

if it gets misplaced, you will have to order another one or buy one and that has been a hassle for many customers.

Plus if anything happens to your device, the Sim card is still safe in Canada.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mnhkt21   sorry, PM only offers roaming service in US.  So, you won't be able to use your PM sim card there

If you like, buy data sim from there.  It is UK, many choices and they are cheap

Or if you like to be well-prepared, you can buy the data sim from Amazon, but of course, more expensive then buying it there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mnhkt21  pM won’t work in the UK just Canada and us with roaming option , your best to get local SIM card in your destination be cheaper and certainly more reliable 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mnhkt21   sorry, no roaming option for UK

You need to use local prepaid data sim card and download VoIP app like TextNow to make free calls

Need Help? Let's chat.