cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards lost

Henry1976
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on a $15.00 plan and I have had a 2$ for Loyalty reward and a 2$ for Autopay reward without suspension. However, the rewards were not applied to the bill of Dec 25, 2022. I do not understand why there was a such change. Please help me to explain. Thank you so much 

17 REPLIES 17

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Henry1976 

Public Mobile misled many customers to do exactly what you have done. Of all of my referrals it was the one I was least worried about that joined the points program! Personally I would punish pm for having no loyalty to their loyal customers. You will be given 1pt for every month you've been with pm plus a welcome gift of 5pts. Redeem these for bill credits. 

Sign up for emails from Canadian Cell Supplies and jump on any cheap or free Sim cards with an activation bundle for Lucky. When most of your points have been exhausted stack the CCS promo with any bonus promos and a lucky referral promotion and jump ship with the family. Each activation referring the next family member. 

Then stock up on half price ($5) pm Sim cards to do the same with a double referral bonus credit and the 3× points promotion once your credits run out at lucky. This way you are far better off with 12 months of 3x points and doubling dipping referral credits.

It's pretty lousy that loyal customers who are in this position look around and feel like second class citizens.....tricked into switching and then earning less than new customers!!

@Henry1976 

Change only has a chance of happening when a sufficient number of agitated/loyal customers demands it. 

Maybe, just maybe, Public Mobile could initiate a short-lived campaign to win back it's loyal customers (say... 2+ year account holders...) who unscrupulously moved to the public points program.

This is especially true for those on the $15 and $25 plans, whose loyalty and auto pay rewards very much exceeded the benefit versus public points.

Whaddya think,  @J_PM ?

@Henry1976 wrote:

You're right. I don't know it. If I know, I don't change as they suggest. You know, I registered not only me but also the other family members. Now, they pay more money. I thought we should change to the other providers.

@Henry1976  Don't change provider because you are upset. 

While you might not save as much on Public Points, you are still saving money here

Once you got 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill credit.

With Public points, $15 points will still earn you 9 points (=$9) every year.  Then add the 10 points (=$10) Anniversary rewards, you are earning 19 points (= $19)  per year still

With the $15 plan, only Tier 3 providers are offering that.   No other provider will give you the $19 saving every year

So, while you are earning less on the new rewards, you are still earning rewards and it is still a better deal than other providers

Henry1976

You're right. I don't know it. If I know, I don't change as they suggest. You know, I registered not only me but also the other family members. Now, they pay more money. I thought we should change to the other providers.

@Henry1976 

It really sucks for all the customers (who are not regulars around these forums) who have been nudged to move to the public point system.

Sadly, seems to be the direction Public Mobile is coaxing its customers to go.

Sorry for this result. 

Henry1976

Thank you. It is really unfair to me and others like me because of the lack of information and knowledge. I wish I could come back with the previous rewards.

Henry1976

Thank you, you are right! It is unfair to me and others like me because of the lack of information and knowledge. I wish I could come back with the previous rewards.

Henry1976

Hic hic, I actually do not understand it, you know? If I know, I don't want to register for the Public Points Rewards. It is really inconvenient to me and others also because of the lack of information.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Henry1976 

Oh geez.....oh well it's a new year you will just have to put it behind you.

@Dunkman 

The free 1gb data add on gift disappeared promptly at midnight eastern last night from the points redemption catalogue.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Henry1976 

Try to check your rewards page.  With the new points system, there was a free 1GB data add on which you could have gotten.  Not sure whether it is still available since it is after December 31, 2022.  

As softtech mentioned, when you switch to new points sytem, there is no returning back to the old rewards system.  

@Henry1976 wrote:

Dear Softech, Thank you so much for your explanation. I sent a PM as you recommended. I remembered that I registered for Public points on 09 Dec 2022. 

Changing rewards to Points is irreversible. You will not be able to switch back to $ reward and I doubt agent will be able to assist you reversing it.

@Henry1976 If you have moved the Public Points, then it was CORRECT

With Public Points, you no longer receive the Loyal Reward and Autopay discount

Instead of Loyalty Reward,  you will get 10 points on your Anniversary day with PM

Instead of Autopay discount, you get 5% points back with your spending on PM

Honest it wasn't a good move for old subscribers like you to move to Public Points.  However, it is too late now.  If you have moved it, there is no way to move back to the old rewards system too.   Sorry about that

Henry1976

Dear Softech, Thank you so much for your explanation. I sent a PM as you recommended. I remembered that I registered for Public points on 09 Dec 2022. 

@Henry1976   you didn't make change to the new Reward program Public Points?

and if you login to My Account , Transaction history, did it show PM charged you $15 and no rewards?

If you didn't make any reward program change, open ticket with PM support as advised above

Henry1976

Hi Dunkman, I usually pay 12.65$ (11$ before taxes), and now the bill for Dec 25, 2022 was charged by $17.25 (15$ before taxes) from my bank account. I am living in Montreal.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Henry1976 

How much was your credit card charged?  You can also try to login with a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  You might be seeing the old cached version of the web site. Known glitch in the webpage.  Check your payment history again.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Henry1976  Any chance you have changed to the new rewards system Public Points?  The new rewards system has different reward and no longer giving out Loyalty reward or Autopay

If you did not change to the new rewards, then did you make a manual plan change using Change plan now on Dec 25?

If you didn't do that and still on the old reward, then yes, you might want to have PM support to check your account.  Please open ticket with Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.