cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replied YES to a promo SMS, got instant confirmation but my plan didn't change

IMMX
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I got a text message offering a great deal of 40 GB data at 4G speeds.  I replied YES as requested before on June 14th as the offer was to end on June 18th, 2024.  I got a response that my new subscription will be added to my account and will take effect on next renewal date.  My plan got renewed on 17th but I am still on the same plan.  Any idea how to get this resolved.

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

IMMX

@Thanks RavingRaven - You may be right.  I have opened up a ticket with Customer support.  Hopefully this will get resolved when they get back to me.  Thank you.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@IMMX 

I have a feeling the plan change is scheduled to occur on your next renewal that occurs after the June 18th deadline expires. It may be that Public Mobile programs the scheduling of these text offers plan changes to automatically occur en masse after the deadline thus your renewal was just a little too early on the 17th for it to change on your "next renewal" rather your next renewal after June 18th.

However customer support may still be willing to change it (if they can) for your current cycle.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@IMMX  If you've been charged already there is no reason to wait to reach out to an agent. They should be able to help clarify what's going on.

IMMX

@ eddieO - I will wait as you suggested before reaching out to agency via chatbox.  Thanks

IMMX

@Dunkman - I got charged the same amount as my current (old) plan and it's already on my credit card.  I will do as you suggested.  Thanks

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@IMMX 

How much were you charged?  The old plan rate or the new plan?

The website does have caching issues.  You might want to try to clear cache, incognito mode or a different web brower to login to your self service account. 

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@IMMX, it often can take up to 72hrs for the change to show up in your account. You can click on the little orange circle in the bottom right of your screen to ask an agent to confirm your changes

Need Help? Let's chat.