cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing before the next renewal date

Sandbo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I slept in and left some video call app on for a longer time than desired (Alexa Drop-in), and it burned out my remaining data.

I am roughly 10 days till the next renewal, can I renew my existing plan earlier?

4 REPLIES 4

@jordan23 wrote:

hi @Sandbo , yes you can renew your plan right now by logging in to your self-serve in My Account and clicking on the Change Plan button. You have the option to change you plan now or to change it on your next renewal date. However if you change right now, you will lose everything you have in your existing plan (and you've already paid for your current cycle) so it might be better to wait until your next plan cycle renews. If you don't have anymore data, you can purchase an Add-On data instead. 

I tried doing that a while ago when my mom didn't hang up and used up all the minutes in one call and it didn't go through. I didn't know at the time to switch to the same plan you are already on you needed to contact moderators. Switch only works between different plans apparently. Extra data is good option if you are using only a bit over your limit, renewing your 25 plan totally makes sense, even 40 plan half a month into does but I'm not sure about 10 days. It's your call really

jordan23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hi @Sandbo , yes you can renew your plan right now by logging in to your self-serve in My Account and clicking on the Change Plan button. You have the option to change you plan now or to change it on your next renewal date. However if you change right now, you will lose everything you have in your existing plan (and you've already paid for your current cycle) so it might be better to wait until your next plan cycle renews. If you don't have anymore data, you can purchase an Add-On data instead. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Sandbo wrote:

I slept in and left some video call app on for a longer time than desired (Alexa Drop-in), and it burned out my remaining data.

I am roughly 10 days till the next renewal, can I renew my existing plan earlier?

You can buy a data add-on if you like.  If you choose to renew early you will need to have the money sitting in available funds and contact the moderators for assistance.  Currently, the wait time seems to be a couple of days.  You could also try and do an immediate plan change in your self serve and just pick the same plan and see if that will work.

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Sandbo 

You can renew your same plan earlier, but it requires moderator help.  Wait times are 1-2 days.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Other options include buying 1 GB data add on for $30 (left over data rolls over to next months) or switching to another similar plan with data (immediate change- you will lose remaining part of original plan - no pro-rated).  if your original plan is grandfathered though, you will lose that plan.  

Need Help? Let's chat.