cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the deal with trying to move customers to Koodo?

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

It's been getting more aggressive over the past few weeks.

Now I'm getting a text message directly from a Koodo rep with their contact info.

I feel like there's something else going on that we don't know about.

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bridonca page 3 of the Koodo PDF bill usually has a pretty detailed breakdown of the charges.  You should see the next mont's service, a pro-rated amount for your first partial month that you've already used, and probably an activation charge.  As I understand it, the way they are "waiving" it now is to charge it and then credit it back 1 or 2 bills later.  I could be wrong here as I activated prior to the activation charges coming into effect, but I think I saw something about that in the Koodo community.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Neptune3d
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Pacific mall.... that doesn’t send up ANY red flags lol

@sheytoon wrote:

@KMG, I haven't contacted them to find out.

It was a text message from a 647 phone number with the following content:

Hey XXXXX, this is Oscar at Koodo Pacific mall - got some new plan changes that may actually work better for you. (My contact info: store.link/?ec365bc425c070ecbdd1)

@KMG, I haven't contacted them to find out.

It was a text message from a 647 phone number with the following content:

Hey XXXXX, this is Oscar at Koodo Pacific mall - got some new plan changes that may actually work better for you. (My contact info: store.link/?ec365bc425c070ecbdd1)

@KMG wrote:

@sheytoon wrote:

Now I'm getting a text message directly from a Koodo rep with their contact info.

What deal did the Koodo rep offer you?

Back in the big migration in March, I got a call from a local Koodo authorized dealer.  They talked the big talk but at the end of the day, they can't really offer anything.  They were too stingy to even give me a free SIM card.  The plan pricing is not set by them.  These stores may sell a few accessories and trinkets to supplement their income.  So they could maybe give some of that stuff away.  The most effective way to deal with these people is to tell them you are registered in the do not call registry and you now have their number. 

popping

Telus is using PM to compete with Chatr and Lucky and winning the prepaid war because PM plans are Canada wide and Chatr/Lucky plans are zone based.  No serve outside their zones unless paying for the roaming charges.

We know that there are limited number of moderator on duty.  Unless Telus wants to add more moderators for support with the increase in PM subcribers, the Koodo migration is a solution to keep PM as a small operation and keep Koodo growing for high paying subscribers.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sheytoon wrote:

What deal did the Koodo rep offer you?

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Teaser is nice, execution, not so nice.  

The Mobile Shop had a LG G6 on the tab medium, with $300 in store credit added on.  The $30 activation fee was to be waived.  So I decide to use my Public Mobile $35 5GB Koodo offer.  It apparently worked, though my number did not port, so after an hour on hold, I got Koodo to port my number.  I also spent an hour on hold waiting to get my contact info to be correct, the Mobile Shop rep made some errors in the registration.    Never had these problems with Public Mobile.   A Walmart rep buggered up inputting my info, and was able to correct it on the Public Mobile Web site.  Ports worked also.

So, 13 days later, I get a bill for $107, and no real explanation on the bill breakdown.  I call Koodo again,  an automated attendant wants to call me back.  I do not get called back, so I contact the CCTS, and let them know my problem.  They have not been in contact with me yet, though that does not suprise me, they take their time. 

I have a few concerns with this...

Koodo employees shouldn't have my contact info, even if they're all part of the same Telus family.

The cynical part of me thinks they want to get people to voluntarily give up their "no surprises" plans.

@Neptune3d, I'm with you on that one, I'm not going anywhere with these shady offers.

killer23d
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Dealers are hungry for new activation, and if there are no rules to says otherwise, they are playing in the grey area. I don't think Koodo actually cares because it's money in their pocket anyways.

srlawren

@sheytoon some unscrupulous dealers manage to get ahold of the phone numbers list somehow and contact customers directly.  We've been told in the past they are not supposed to be doing that.  I guess they smell blood in the water and pounce.  That's all it is, shady salespeople.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Neptune3d
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I get them too, am still on the promo $120/90 day plan and I just figured they have been trying to get me to move off that plan, nooooooo!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheytoon, it's just Telus' way to move people from the less profitable prepaid PM to the more profitable post paid Koodo.  It's simple business.  I don't think it means they plan to close PM down, or that they want PM to die off.  On the contrary.  If more people join PM, and then migrate to Kood, then Telus wins.  And that is goal.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@sheytoon wrote:

Wow, I haven't seen anything personally but lots of people have been getting the text. A mod told me they are generated by the PM system and they have no human control over it. But a specific rep contacting you seems a little....very aggressive and strange!

Need Help? Let's chat.