cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing a Plan Early

TopherC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Used up all my data, and have a week left before renewal date.  I remember I was able to renew my plan early, but cannot seem to find that option now.  Is there a way around this?  My renewal plan is the $39 special, which isnt offered anymore so I can't go through the new subscription way without losing my existing plan.

13 REPLIES 13

@hairbag1 wrote:

@esjliv 

I just tested to see if I could renew current plan right away and...whadya' know...it is selectable !

Things change around here from one day to the next. Used to be a CSA was req'd to renew current plan immediately. 😬

I'm not so sure if that actually changed or if that members didn't know about this previously.  I noiticed this Self Serve account behavior quite a while a ago and reported this to the Community, but I wasn't going to actually go through with a plan change that I wish to proceed with.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dabr  Good to know , thank you for sharing.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1    Just as an FYI for everyone regarding being able to change to the same plan early, it seems we don't even need to select Change Plan (Subscription) after selecting Subscriptions/Add-ons any longer, instead can click the Change Subscription link top right of the overview page and all the plan offerings become available.   So  one less step from selecting Subscriptions/Add-ons tab.  Not a big deal but thought it was interesting..

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dabr  Yes it would be archived  somewhere , you asked me to up date if it worked , and I forgot to do that… but yea it works so this is my feedback LOL 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1   Ohh, yes, of course, now I remember there was a discussion about this in an old thread..

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dabr  It has you and I discussed this not long after I joined community 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

I believe this workaround (temporarily select Change at Renewal) has been available for several months now, or since the update to the account last summer.

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The $39 20GB plan is still available. It just doesn't show up for you because it's selected for your scheduled plan change. 

@hairbag1 you forgot one important step.. CLICK on it ,,🤣

@hairbag1 wrote:

@esjliv 

I just tested to see if I could renew current plan right away and...whadya' know...it is selectable !

Things change around here from one day to the next. Used to be a CSA was req'd to renew current plan immediately. 😬

@hairbag1  - ooooh 🙂

Did you go so far as to hit the "Change Now"? I am afraid to. LOL

esjliv_0-1685820923476.png

@esjliv 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TopherC unless something changed that I am not aware of, I don't believe you can renew the same plan early, so either purchase a data addon or contact CSA to get the plan renewed early for you.

Note, that you do not get any funds already paid in this cycle, no prorating. Nor, do you get your rewards applied on a plan that is renewed before your regular scheduled renewal date.

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@TopherC 

Early renewal

assuming at least that your current plan is still one that is offered .  If you go into your Self Serve account and schedule a plan change to a different plan, the Self Serve page will then alllow you to select your current plan as an immediate plan change if you go back to change your plan again…otherwise if your existing plan is not there you will need supports help with this

• Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box >>>>>>. Click here       
Need Help? Let's chat.