cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund for overpricing?

Pmunroe36
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone! I was paying $50 a month with public for cell phone services, and loved the experience. I just found out there’s a better phone plan at $36 a month, and I’m wondering how to get a refund for the months I was not automatically put in the better and cheaper phone plan. Thanks for your help!

5 REPLIES 5

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Wow, in what world are we expecting this to happen.

@Chalupa_Batman   Public Mobile is a prepaid service

I don't think even postpaid Tier 1 providers automatically switch customers to a lower priced plan (more likely to go higher!)  at least they didn't when I was with one for many years.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@Pmunroe36 wrote:

Hi everyone! I was paying $50 a month with public for cell phone services, and loved the experience. I just found out there’s a better phone plan at $36 a month, and I’m wondering how to get a refund for the months I was not automatically put in the better and cheaper phone plan. Thanks for your help!

Hello @Pmunroe36 

I can understand how you feel. However, Public Mobile is a prepaid service. Meaning you prepay for the services you want. Public Mobile allows you to change plans at any time with no extra fees or charges. Public Mobile will not refund you as you've used the service that it's provided. You CAN of course switch to this plan if you choose. If you do decide to move to this plan, just know, there will be two options. Change NOW or at Renewal date. Make sure you change at renewal date. This way you won't lose money you've already paid. Good luck.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Pmunroe36   Providers don't automatically switch to better cheaper plans and especially since Public Mobile is self serve.  So all you can do is switch it yourself now (but select change on renewal and not change now otherwise you'll be charged immediately and lose your current plan with no refund).

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Pmunroe36 

good question...but PM doesn't know if you want to change plans without you making the change. Can you just imagine the uproar if they changed plans whenever they thought you shoud have a diff plan. No Refund Due Here.

Need Help? Let's chat.