cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving some MMS but not others

J-L
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does anyone have any idea why I receive some MMS but others "time out" or I receive a message saying " can't get MMS not connected to the network "... But I am connected, my data is turned on. It seems to only happen to MMS sent by one of my daughters, but not all MMS she sends. I have received several MMS from her but 2 others have never come through. If I turn my data off the timed out message pops up , so I turn my data back on then click the message which disappears but no MMS shows up ... This has been going on for several days...probably since the big PM update. There seems to be an awful lot of problems since their big "reset". Also, this whole problem has to be consuming data. I have not been online using data very much since my last renewal but suddenly today I got a text message from PM saying I've used 75% of my data. When I checked my plan usage it said I had used only 5G of my 15. Then 2 hrs later ( and my data had been turned off) I signed in again and now it says I used 9G.

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J-L 

Back up the messages if needed then both you and your daughter delete each other as a contact and then re-add as a contact and reboot.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@J-L 

that model device i know need to do factory reset, but you need to back up first,

@J-L if your taking about the Usage History page, I think it only update twice a day in the old PM site as well as the current one

But if you are talking about the visual usage in the front page, you can click refresh.  If that doesn't help,  try to use Incognito mode as cache could be a problem 

J-L

We both rebooted, turned on airplane mode then off, checked in settings that MMS is enabled ( I did receive some, so it had to be). Cleared cache and did a deep clean. (Avast) I scanned my phone, no problems found. (Avast) I updated messaging app.(Textra)  I checked phone settings and Textra settings. My phone is Umidigi A9Pro she has a Motorola g power.

For the updates, simple page refresh doesn't seem to do it. Use the little refresh buttons below to the right. They appear to be immediate.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@J-L 

tried to rebooting device, and check it the size photo.

and go to message app and do clear cache and clear data,

but if you have in SMS, some messages you needed you have to be save it you know. to you not lose them.

J-L

I should have said... We both have android phones. And it's strange that I receive some of her MMS without any problems and some not at all.

Thanks also for the info and screen shots to check data usage. Even my husband says he doesn't like that changes PM made in that big update. He's been trying to check his data and it does not seem to update very often at all now.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@J-L What phone do you and your daughter use? If iPhone, try disabling iMessage on your phone to force SMS/MMS messages. If Android, try disabling RSC feature if you have it turned on. 

For absurd amount of data usage, review the usage history and also the Cellular data in your phone settings to see which app is hoarding your data. If you use iPhone, make sure WiFi Assist option is turned off as that seems to use data when you are on a weak WiFi signal. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J-L   any chance you and your daughter are using different system of the phone?  One Android and one iPhone?

for the data usage, it is a bit easier to trace if you are on Android phone.  

If you are, check the Mobile data usage and change the cycle start date to  the last PM cycle start date, then Mobile Data will data used since that date and the how much data used on each app.  Something like this:

E-MobileData.png

(Again, to have this reading useful, the cycle start date show on the device must match your current PM cycle start date)

Need Help? Let's chat.