cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive text messages during international travel

Foxjig1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi

I'm curious to know if I will continue to receive text messages while travelling internationally let's say US or Europe?

I do not see packages other than those for US. Any other options ? 

8 REPLIES 8

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Foxjig1 I doubt that it will ever arrive. Pm is prepaid bare bones  service privider.    The feature has been asked for many times before.  If this is a must have feature then you might need to look elsewhere.

@Foxjig1wrote:

Please add to wish list @CS_Agent

@Foxjig1 If all you need is free incoming SMS, giffgaff.com has it. £10 to open an account that will last years with care. Send me a private message if you want more info and a free SIM delivered to your house.

Alternatively, free incoming SMS with fongo,com but accessible only via wifi or cellular data.

Also, https://www.knowroaming.com/order/stickers-and-sims/15-knowroaming-global-sim-card.html offers free Whatsapp worldwide for $10 US.

So many choices! Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Foxjig1

Please add to wish list @CS_Agent

mimmo

It's one of the feature or lack of of pm. If you want/need roMing features then you will need to go to koodo fido etc... 

When I go to Europe I usually just buy a sim it's typically always cheaper than roaming charges

Foxjig1

But PM is Telus and Telus has world wide agreements, what's the issue here.... Slack? 

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Foxjig1wrote:

That's fair but why can't we receive text messages else where, users from Rogers, Fido, Koodo, chatr and bell etc receive messages without a special add on 

That's because PM does not have any roaming agreements outside of the US of A.

Foxjig1

That's fair but why can't we receive text messages else where, users from Rogers, Fido, Koodo, chatr and bell etc receive messages without a special add on 

mimmo

You will get sms in USA and nothing else unless you et USA addons.

Your phone will not have any service outside Canada or USA.

Need Help? Let's chat.