cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile cancelled my plan without warning

radeon88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the 20 gb for 35 dollar plan. I‘m currently overseas so I’m not using my Canadian sim. Today they sent me a message that they are sorry to see me go. They sent me a email about the I can sign up for 15 gb for 40 plan. Not sure about how I go about fixing this.

8 REPLIES 8

@radeon88   ok, even the account was "closed" due to non-payment for 90 days, if it is only day 1 or day 2, PM might still be able to do something to reinstate the account.  Message PM support and ask the account status, ask them to help to make a payment to restore the service if needed

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@radeon88 

Check your private message box for a reply from a CSA.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@radeon88 

When was the last plan payment charged to your card? I know the promotional $35/20gb plan came out near the end of November. I'm worried that if you changed to that plan at renewal on about December 5th and it failed to renew on January 4th that would bring you to April 4th being your 90th day.

There were major issues with this promotional plan as it was not intended to be offered to existing customers but due to a coding error and some inquisitive customers it was discovered that the promocode was accepted in self serve allowing for existing customers to change plans to it.

If you were able to do this in the early days of the promotion there were issues with the $20 discount being applied with some customers recieving the discount twice. Those who did so and renewed had the $20 clawed back resulting in an immediate suspension until the $20 was paid by the customer as it was treated like a chargeback even though the error was an automated accounting correction by public mobile.

Most customers had the double $20 discount applied after their first renewal on this promotional plan so the clawback did not affect their service. A small number of customers had it applied before renewal with the clawback causing a temporary suspension of service. If you are one of these customers but were out of the country so you didn't notice the suspension of service this may have caused a gigantic mistake of account deactivation.

While you can get the self serve account restored and use the same Sim card the $$ rewards account will have been lost forever. Check for your last payment and let's hope your inability to log into your self serve account is due to the temporary suspension and not account deactivation.

radeon88

My card hasn’t been charged so I don’t think it’s a glitch

radeon88

Not it’s only been 60 days and I can not log in

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@radeon88 

I think that the text maybe sent in error because of a glitch.

Best to login to your account to confirm it is still Active. If it is then all is good. But if it is not, contact a CS_Agent (Moderator) to investigate why it is suspended when you have AutoPay.

I am sure they will take care of this.

radeon88

No I have not it’s only been about 60 days. I had it set up on automatic withdrawal. My card still works so I have no idea why it did this. I’ve been with public for over 8 years now and had maxed out rewards. I can not log into my account as well. I’m unsure on what to do. I certainly don’t want to lose my number.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@radeon88 

Have you gone 90 days without paid service? If so you will have lost your account and phone number let alone your plan. Can you log into your self serve  account?

Need Help? Let's chat.