cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion plan

tjg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I had 8.5 GB for $50 -I paid 7.50 extra because I didn't have enough funds to change plan to the new promo of 10.5 for 50.00. The amount was taken from my bank account-but my plan was never changed???

19 REPLIES 19

@tjg wrote:

Hi, I had 8.5 GB for $50 -I paid 7.50 extra because I didn't have enough funds to change plan to the new promo of 10.5 for 50.00. The amount was taken from my bank account-but my plan was never changed???

You weren't charges $7.50 for changing plans.  The $7.50 is likely sales tax.

In additon, any charge would be the full plan price less any existing balance abd reward credits, and not just $7.50.

@GigsDonna wrote:

Have you tried to go to the Kisok or Walmart and talk to someone there may be able to help if you cannot find a solution.

@GigsDonna

Walmart and kiosk locations do not provide customer service. The people there are generally only there only for sales. They also have no ability to access a customer's account.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@tjg wrote:

No it never

Hi @tjg if you had done everything that's suggested above and still having problems, maybe it is time to contact the moderators to help you. 

Before you contact the moderators, please log off your device, delete browsing history and cache.  Try using a different browser.  Some use the incognito mode and have success with it.  Log back on.

If still having problems, here are two ways to contact the moderators:

• Preferred way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link  >> type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Alternative way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take from 1 hr to 2 days (faster response these days) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply.

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

All of us in the forum are fellow customers who are here for the same reason - help fellow customers and earn $$ rewards (a pittance really but we just love to help) and badges for doing so. 😁

Please keep us posted.

RosieR

@tjg 

Hmmmm....sounds like you missed a step in the process. Did you make the plan change, get prompted to add funds and then go back and choose change plan now? Otherwise you just topped up your account....if you didn't go back and make your plan choice and then choose "now" to change immediately or choose "change on next renewal" your plan would just stay the same when it renewed on the 21st.

You can see if the moderators are willing and able to change your plan to the $50/10.5gb plan and adjust your data usage accordingly ( don't know if they will but you can ask) or they might be willing to comp you a $15/1gb add on to help you out for your data usage this month.....maybe.....

Explain your confusion and what you tried to do to renew and change your plan early and see if they will help you out and if they do make sure you ask for a review link for the moderator who has helped you......

tjg

No it never

@tjg 

So did it change on the 16th after you requested change "now"?

Edit: I should say did it renew on the 16th?

tjg

Thanks-That is exactly what I did on April 16th . I paid and asked that it be updated now even though it would renew on the 21st. as I was out of data. But the plan stayed the same at 8.5 GB instead of the new promo for 10.5

@GigsDonna 

Unfortunately retail locations can only really help when activating your account/ porting your number. They have no access to your account nor should you allow them to access your self serve account as they are not moderators so do not have the same confidentiality provisions as a pm employee that works with your account. If it is an account related issue that cannot be solved by the community then it is suggested that the OP contacts the moderators.

It's good to see you participating in the community. Keep learning, reading and using the search bar and you will gain the knowledge to help out other members.

@tjg 

When you schedule a plan change you can double check it under "my plan". Its also a good idea to take a screenshot of it so if there is an issue you have some proof to show the moderators.

Screenshot_20210426-104726~2.png

GigsDonna

Have you tried to go to the Kisok or Walmart and talk to someone there may be able to help if you cannot find a solution.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tjg 

Try this guide (with pictures) for changing plans:

First, login to Self Serve Account:

Then, click Change Plan:

Spudster_0-1619455861648.png

Then select desired Plan: (the one you want is the last one)

Spudster_1-1619455861804.png

Then choose Change on Next Renewal Date:

Spudster_2-1619455861679.png

On your next renewal date, your plan will change to this plan if there are sufficient funds available or you have auto-pay set up.

@tjg wrote:

I didn't expect it to change on its own- I thought I did what needed to be done. It said to top up your funds to change your plan -and I did that and they took it out of my account!

If you're not really familiar with how the Public Mobile system works...it can really be a confusing journey to upgrade your plan.

Did you read somma the instructions as suggested by @Triguy  and others ?

In a nutshell... first add $$ to Available Funds, then go to Change Plans and select the new plan you want. Scroll down a bit to find Change at next Renewal or Change plan now. If you change now, you'll get the new plan right away, but lose whatever data is remaining in the old plan....nothing prorated or refunded.

If you change at next renewal, the old plan continues until next renewal, then your selected new plan will be added.

Follow these steps and things should work out for you.

tjg

I didn't expect it to change on its own- I thought I did what needed to be done. It said to top up your funds to change your plan -and I did that and they took it out of my account!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tjg : Just in case this needs to be said...plans don't change on their own. Even though it's an upgrade of what appears to be the same plan.

tjg

Thank you -I will try that!

@tjg 

Here is some more information about changing plans:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

If your plan already renewed on the 8.5 GB instead of 10.5 GB, you may want to contact moderator to see whether they can help.

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

tjg

I toped up 3 days before my plan was renewed as I was almost out of data. My plan renewed on April 21st but still no new plan -only 8.5 instead of the new plan of 10.5. I live out in the country and have no wi fy so need more data! I find this very confusing and time consuming-may change to another provider when its time to renew-at least you can call them.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you request plan change on your next renewal ?  Did you have a balance in your account ?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@tjg 

Did you change plans immediately or at next renewal date?

Is your account status active or suspended?

What is showing in your available funds?

Most people would suggest at next renewal date since PM does not pro-rate plans.  You will lose whatever is remaining in your original plan. 

Need Help? Let's chat.