cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with transferring my numbner

Jimmy24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recently signed up and tried to transfer my old number to Public (from Bell). I've responded to the messages that were sent confirming the transfer, restarted my phone and removed my Bell Sim card but I still cannot receive calls/texts. When I send them, they get sent from my iCloud and not my number. When I am able to send calls or texts, they come through to the other person as a different number than the number I requested to be transferred.

I have contacted my previous provider and they have confirmed that they've done everything that is needed on their end regarding the transfer, but after multiple requests, my number hasn't been transferred over and I'm now paying for two services. 

9 REPLIES 9

Ok I will send you a private message with a phone number to call telus to check the port

Jimmy24

It is already set to primary; the data is not currently a problem as I can see on my billing that I have used some data in the past week.

@Jimmy24 first check in your cellular data if you see the Public Mobile esim. You might need to turn on this line, or make it primarily whatever the option shows up and restart phone.

Jimmy24

I initially tried that as well, but after I deleted the eSim, I couldn't set up the PM service and ordered another eSim (which I was charged for). I don't know if a credit will be provided later or something.

Since getting a second eSim, I haven't deleted my eSim to try and fix the problem.

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

In my nephew's case, he deleted the PM eSIM and then shut down his phone, reinstalled the Bell SIM, turned on the phone and performed the tests. When he saw that calling and SMS was not working with the Bell SIM he shut down the phone again, removed the Bell SIM, restarted the phone. When phone was up and running he went into the PM app and ordered a new eSIM (don't worry, you shouldn't actually be charged for it as they are free for now). After installing the new PM eSIM his services finally began working as expected. Hope this helps, if not you should contact a Customer Support Agent:

Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here. You will need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Jimmy24

I opted for the eSim option so I can't currently remove the Public Sim

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Jimmy24  Is your Public Mobile sim a physical sim or an esim?

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you have a physical SIM card for PM I would shut down your phone and take it out and have only your old Bell SIM card installed. Turn the phone back on and test the SMS (texting) and phone calling/receiving. If it's still working you know that Bell hasn't ported out your number despite what their agent has said, my nephew had to deal with this 

Need Help? Let's chat.