cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with my phone number

Adaliadee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

There seems to be an issue with my number being transferred over to public, as my old provider is still billing me and I’m unable to receive calls for the last 6 months. Also I signed up during the promotion of receiving a discount but have not gotten any. Can you please confirm that my number has been transferred to public mobile so I don’t loose my number if I cancel with my old provider. As I thought happened in September 2022 when I switched over. My phone indicates that my provider is Public Mobile.

Thank you for your help.

6 REPLIES 6

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Adaliadee 

Do not cancel your original carrier account until you get things sorted out.

Are you able to receive texts on your phone? Data working?

Seems like it might be incomplete port.  

You waited patiently for a long time.

Customer service agent should be able to help.

I will private message you the Telus porting team number.  Can only be used for porting issues.  

@Adaliadee  Maybe the SIM card need to be re provisioned by support … and if that does the trick and your old carrier is still charging you you will need to contact them to stop charging you and give a refund 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Adaliadee

When switching my SIM to another phone the phone with my SIM could still not receive calls, though could send calls out. 
provider was still said to be Public Mobile. 

@Adaliadee  Did you reboot the phone , also you can try resetting the newtwork setting also see if the helps … another thing you can try is the SIM card in another phone and see if services work as they should 

Adaliadee

I did respond yes to the message. 
I just called and the number did show up correctly, but I can not receive phone calls along with my old provider claiming there was an issue in porting(It being denied).

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Adaliadee  Use you PM SIM card to call a a friend or family member and see if your old number shows up or if it’s a new number that you do t recognize…. If you don’t recognize it I’m thinking you missed the 90 minute window to reply YES to confirmation text ,,, there’s a number for live support to re trigger the port request will send you it private message 

Need Help? Let's chat.