cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number half worked?

An1984
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent 

Transferred number from Eastlink last evening. It's been several business hours, and again this morning.

I have 2 phones on the go, one with public SIM and one with Eastlink SIM, waiting for Eastlink to stop working.

I can make calls from public, search internet, text, but cannot receive calls or texts. But some texts came through somehow on this Sim, and others through Eastlink SIM.

Still getting other calls and texts via Eastlink SIM.

Got the text from public last night that " We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect ESN meid , someone from our team will contact you shortly using your original phone number or alternate number provided.

No contact made.

What do I do?

7 REPLIES 7

@computergeek541 

Thanks, I been trying to look for it for a long time.

@BKNS27 

There is a new private message indicator on phone browsers but it's hidden. To see it, the customer would have to select the avatar and if sbows up.in a drop down menu.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@An1984 

Just have to wait for a reply through private messaging on a laptop or desktop computer.

Their is a glitch on your phone for private messaging because their is no envelope icon next to the bell icon.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @An1984   you got a text from EastLink yet?  did you reply YES? you need tht to complete the port

I will send you a number to calling porting support and they can advise if anything wrong with the porting

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@An1984 

check the little envelop on top right side of this page...I'll send you port assist info.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@An1984  - did you receive a text from Eastlink to approve the ports within 90 mins of you activating? There could be an issue with providing the meid too...

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval, within 90 minutes, to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@An1984  

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking >>>>>>>>here.

Need Help? Let's chat.