cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange data issues across two phones

G6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Both my mom and i have the same phone (LG G8x) and have the same $25 PM plan but we both have differing issues.

On my end the Dominos website will not load using mobile data about 75% of the time. This has happened to me in 3 different cities and if i go to WiFi it instantly works with no problem whatsoever. Every other site works fine.

Also i have tried using WiFi to make the order and once i leave the house and mobile data takes over the tracker freezes since it can't access the website anymore.

Last happened yesterday, had to stop at TD bank to use their WiFi to order. Again as soon as i switched to Wifi Dominos website worked instantly

I will upload a screen capture of what does partially load. Tried both Firefox and Chrome, same result. Every other website works perfectly.

My mom's phone has an even stranger data problem. The internet does not work with the exception of Whatsapp which works perfectly. Reebee cannot access the internet, Google maps cannot access the internet, WeatherCan cannot access the internet. I forgot to try Chrome last time i visited.

Any ideas whats going on?

8 REPLIES 8

G6a
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@G6a wrote:

Not sure about this whole new login stuff, but i am G6

I made a setting change on the phone with the internet issue (not the Dominos issue) and now the Weather app works on mobile data but not Google Maps. Whatsapp also still works fortunately.

Here is a screen capture:

Screenshot_20230526-125316.png

It was previously set to Public Mobile but works better when set to Mobile Internet.

Both have the exact same settings when you click on them.

Any thoughts on why it partially works now?

Bump.

Also when i transferred the phone from Telus to Public Mobile nothing worked after the SIM swap, the reps at Walmart had to change some deep settings in the phone (took a few of them to figure it out) but i don't know what they did or maybe did wrong?

G6a
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure about this whole new login stuff, but i am G6

I made a setting change on the phone with the internet issue (not the Dominos issue) and now the Weather app works on mobile data but not Google Maps. Whatsapp also still works fortunately.

Here is a screen capture:

Screenshot_20230526-125316.png

It was previously set to Public Mobile but works better when set to Mobile Internet.

Both have the exact same settings when you click on them.

Any thoughts on why it partially works now?

Yes, it deletes saved wifi connections and saved bluetooth pairings.

@G6 wrote:

@softech wrote:

@G6   LG is a funny phone

Click Reset all Networks and see if it helps.  Please note that it will clear your saved Wifi as well and you need to add it back.  But this is usually a step that is needed to be done on LG phones

Does this delete saved wifi passwords?

yes

G6

@softech wrote:

Click Reset all Networks and see if it helps.  Please note that it will clear your saved Wifi as well and you need to add it back.  But this is usually a step that is needed to be done on LG phones

Does this delete saved wifi passwords?

G6

@hairbag1 wrote:

@G6 

refresh.jpg

Available data is not the issue, she typically uses under 100MB a month and i am sometimes under 50MB a month, up to 400MB at the top end.

I set up data reminders and auto limits.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@G6 

refresh.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.