cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have voice, text and data with US add-on

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

FYI,

I am in Seattle and purchased the 15 day US bundle. Everything is working fine. My account is not Volte enabled and my phone does not support Volte either. Phone calls to and from the US are working. I thought I would not have voice with the 3G shut down in the US but it is working for me.

10 REPLIES 10

Hollister

@DennyCrane 

I have  the phone to automatically select network. It chose T-Mobile. When I make a call it says LTE at the top but as soon as someone answers the LTE is no longer displayed.

Hollister

@hTideGnow 

I have the 2020 Moto G Power. I also checked my IMS and IMS is not registered and Voice over LTE: Unavailable and Voice over WIFI: Unavailable.

Hi @Hollister what phone you have?  I am  thinking if your profile actually already enable VoLTE (or T-Mobile just give us all VoLTE now regardless our profile  here??) and if you are using it, just not aware.  do you see your connection drops p 2g when you make voice call?

@DennyCrane- My experience was that in one area the phone would drop to 2G itself. But in another area it would not but it would then worrk by manually switching to 2G. I then returned to the first area and it could drop down.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Interesting, thanks for sharing! And you didn't have to manually connect to the 2G network? Can you see what network you're connected to when on a call?

Hollister

@Paul3000 

Yes, I am on the T-Mobile network.

Paul3000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Looks like T-Mobile may still have 2g in the USA until April 2024 which would allow phone calls without VoLte. Your data would run on their 4g network. Just a guess. Interesting if that's what's happening. Link here: T-Mobile Networks

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Great update @Hollister and thanks. Hoensr Seattle had been a "dead" spot from many reviews, glad it works

Hollister

The $30 text, voice, data bundle

DDM69

@Hollister just curious...which add on did you purchase?

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.