cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting help - incoming calls go to voicemail

jt123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just helped my mother activate her new sim yesterday. She is switching over from PC mobile. I have been a customer with Public for years now. She is able to receive texts, and her phone now shows "Public Mobile" as the network carrier, but calling the number it goes directly to voicemail. She is in her 70s and I am trying to help her with this, so if there are any moderators that can help it would be appreciated! I cannot post a ticket for her as she would have to sign into her own account for that. Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jt123 

you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

you have to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

@jt123  

from PM:

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

You can use this direct link to open Porting ticket

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Rqg6DB

@jt123   I will private message you a number to call the porting team.  they will advise what to do

check your inbox in the Community page, top right corner, envelope icon

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Usually company send you a SMS when you are moving from them to confirm porting. No reason why this should be any different.

If you did not keep old SIM in phone and you miss that SMS, then you would have to contact moderators or call special PM porting number to assist you.

jt123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hTideGnow No SMS I read that no sms was needed when it was porting from PC mobile, only other companies. 

@Dunkman Yes I did reboot the phone and she is able to send texts and call outgoing, just not receive incoming calls. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@jt123 

Has she tried rebooting her phone?  Network reset of phone? Does her PC mobile SIM card still work?  What about outgoing calls or texts?

If it was a porting issue, she would also be unable to receive texts also.  With stuck ports, unable to receive calls or texts.

You could private message a customer service agent (CSA), but CSA will need to confirm ownership of account.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact the Telus porting department.  I have sent you a message with the phone number.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@jt123   this is normal before the porting is full completed.

important question, did you received a text from your preivous provider asking yoru permission for porting?  did you reply YES within 90 mins?

if you did reply, then just keep reboot your phone every 15 or 30 mins for an update, it should finish soon.

If you didn't reply or you missed the sms, let us know and we will send you a number to call

Need Help? Let's chat.