cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls/texts not working

DanChap1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can make outgoing calls, but incoming calls are not coming through. My phone doesn't ring, and the caller just sits until voicemail kicks in.

Also I noticed that if I try to send a text, I have to keep retrying because the unable to send error appears multiple times before it is successfully sent

Any idea what's happening or how to resolve? I've tried rebooting my phone multiple times.

16 REPLIES 16

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sue246 

I checked, but no update still,

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Failure-of-wireless-voice-services/m-p/12...

and still see people talked about the problem this morning

Sue246
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

An update on this problem this morning:

We have 2 PM phones, the IPhone has been  working fine throughout this issue, however the Moto has not been receiving calls for 2 days plus texts were very slow, in the order of 10's of minutes to get through, outgoing calls worked fine. We moved the Sim card to another phone, (an IPhone) with the same results, therefore concluded that there was a carrier issue. This morning I investigated the settings in the Moto and found one concerning the preferred network type, it was set to the recommended setting of LTE, I moved that to 3G and now the phone is working normally. I looked for a similar setting on the IPhone, however could not find it. regardless both phones now working.

SylvieGeoffroy

Voice, text and data...wont connect to network...

My husband, son and daughter, all on PM, have had these problems.

Nothing is perfect but PM is our worst experience yet.

With Fido in 4 months  no problem at all for my husband. 

I think that we get what we pay for...and maybe these entry level provider have a lesser priority on busy network....just a thought!

slusagm

@SylvieGeoffroy 

did you try changing your network mode to 3G?

i agree a customer support centre would be a big difference.  But if you leave becasue of the voice call problem, any provider have voice and data problem could times a year.  So, going from provider to provider is not a solution

Since ive been told 3 times today that PM cant guarantee the service....it seems im paying for a hypothetical service. 

My husband got fed up of PM and went to Fido..  with the lost points, its only a couple dollars more for the same services   20gb of data and a real human to assist you...for 29$/m!

SylvieGeoffroy

Im still waiting for an acceptable answer from PM but i did change a setting on the mobile networks connection page on my cell phone.  I chose wcdma/gsm(auto) versus lte/wcdma/gsm(auto).

Are we too many using this old tech?

Is PM updating their infrastructure?

SylvieGeoffroy

I never get the option to get the code any other way except by text..even after many attempts.

DebbieL

I am having the same problems as you. I hope someone replies with answers. i am auto pay and have been for years so I don't what the problem is.

slusagm

@SylvieGeoffroy  what phone do you have?

for the code to login, click Didn't receve code and choose email to get the code via email instead

SylvieGeoffroy

Same thing here but the problem has been intermitent for about 3 weeks

Really thinking of switching carrier....because i have the same problem with my text also, it's a nightmare logging into my account since i can't receive my code!!!

Maggg

Same problem here in QC, can't call/txt, seems to be a global outage.

slusagm

@Sue246 

quite many talked about call problems this morning.

Try reboot phone, try changing network mode to 3G

Sue246

Same problem in Moncton, intermittent operation on outgoing phone and text, no incoming service. different phones reset sim etc, no change.

@DanChap1 

if you have another phone around, test your PM sim card there

if you don't have another phone, try to reseat the sim card, power off phone, take sim out for a minute, then put it back and power up

DanChap1

No I've been using public for over a year

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Did you recently port your number to Public Mobile from another company?

Need Help? Let's chat.