cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Zoomer (Cityfone) to Public Mobile with esim, as of June 2023

Blizzie_Thumdet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am writing this to help others port from Zoomer (Cityfone) to Public Mobile.

I activated my Public Mobile account and began the port-out process from Zoomer on June 23, 2023 for the recent $39/20GB plan (since Zoomer offered $39/6GB and I thought I would switch for more data and coverage). I enrolled online with my credit card, and selected the esim option.

Here are my tips (and my troubles during activation): 

In the port-out selection process, select Cityfone from the dropdown options in the list of available carriers. Zoomer is not listed as an option.

Do not delete your esim if it is installed incorrectly because you will need to pay for a new one. Send a message to customer service if you experience issues. You and a customer service representative will correspond through Public Mobile's private message portal. (If you're expecting a phone call, don't. This is a no-frills carrier.) I didn't delete my esim thankfully, and the customer service representative sent me a new QR code to fix my issue.

Make sure to enable dual-sim or multi-sim service until the port-out is complete. Until the port-out is complete from Zoomer to Public Mobile, you will receive incoming calls and messages through Zoomer (physical sim) and send outgoing calls and messages through Public Mobile (esim). Do not select the "one sim only" option because you will not be able to receive calls and messages, which you will need to access your account (and to activate your EverSafe)

Zoomer does not send a text message to confirm porting out. Or, so I've been told by the Zoomer customer service agent when I called Zoomer at 1-888-281-2107 to confirm the port-out was complete today (June 26, 2023). 

Hope this helps others switching from Zoomer. 

5 REPLIES 5

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Blizzie_Thumdet  Excellent info for anyone with dual SIM phone. 

A-Really-Big-Thank-You.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Will123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wouldn’t try porting a number again. You are taking chances with these companies, they may not know how to pull off a port successfully. You got lucky.  

Blizzie_Thumdet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did not, and that's why I called Zoomer this morning to confirm whether I was supposed to receive one. Apparently, Zoomer does not send this text message. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Blizzie_Thumdet  Well said and good instructions Ty for that 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Blizzie_Thumdet  thanks for the details

One question, you still got a text from Zoomer asking for your approval of the port and you replied with YES?

Need Help? Let's chat.