cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port my Fonus number

Irene41
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Want to port my Fonus number to this network.   Not very computer savvy.    Any help would be appreciated.   Really need to talk to someone.    

21 REPLIES 21

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

The list came from the activation portal or the self serve change number feature?

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

@hTideGnow : I don't know. It's just the current list that I extracted.

Hi @dust2dust   thanks for the list

7-11 Speakout and PC Mobile, I remember people have to get a temporary number and activate after, is that still true? Or they fixed it?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Current as of May 6th 2022 list of providers in the activation list:

Aliant

AstraQom

Bell Canada

Bragg Communications

Brooke Telecom

Chatr Mobile

Cityfone

CityWest

Cogeco

Comwave

Dave Wireless

DCI Telecom

Distributel

Eastlink

Ensync

ExaTel

Fibernetics

Fido

Fizz

Fongo

Freedom Mobile

Future Way

Globility Communications

GT Group Telecom

Harmony

Hay Communications Co-operative

Hurontel

Iristel

ISP Telecom

Koodo Mobile

KORE

Lucky Mobile

MaskaTel

Mobilicity

Mornington Communications Co-operative

MTS Allstream

NorthernTel

Northwestel

Novus

PC Mobile

Primus

Quadro Communication Co-operative

Rogers

SaskTel

Sears

Setaia

Shaw

Solo Mobile

TBayTel

TekSavvy

Telebec

TELUS

Tuckersmith Communication Co-operative

Vianet

Videotron

Virgin Mobile

Ztar Mobile

7-11 SpeaksOut Wireless

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust @softech @Luddite 

Oops...my apologies. That other member snuck in there and I didn't notice it wasn't the OP either. But with the case of Fonus since the providers are limited at activation is Iristel even listed? Its likely a temporary number would have to be taken anyways and the OP would be back here in the position I had presumed them to be.....

@softech 

Security risk in that after activation you don't want to give access to your account to a salesperson. I was not referring to an activation. I did say (mistakenly) that the OP said they had activated.

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

@softech : Postpaid sure as that would require that credit check. Although even there I'm not sure the SIN is needed. But this is prepaid. No credit. If a store was asking that then I would argue and leave if they shrug and claim store policy.

Yeah.. not SIN, probably a driver license is enough.  But yes, for postpaid account, they will ask for something more for the credit check

@softech : SIN card?! I don't think so Tim. I would certainly walk away if that was asked for.

@darlicious wrote:

@Luddite 

would open them up to a security risk to give a "helpful" salesperson access to their account. I think you should reconsider your choice of solution.

Sorry @darlicious   I have to disagree. 

While your security concern is real,  this is normal for Mobile sales to help porting.  And if you think this is a security risk, then activating a mobile line (not just PM) also expose to such risk.  The sales will ask you for your credit card, SIN card, driver license, and some help you to setup an account, etc.  

These are risk you are exposing daily , even going to a bank to open account or ask them for help for transactions.   They see all your information and they can "collect" the information to do anything if they want to.   

There are different levels or risk we are going through with many of our normal daily activities anyway.  Keeping the activities online might eliminate some of these risks, but only if you trust the IT guys/gals sitting behind the screens

And I like to direct people to go to store activation, too, for getting the free sim card as well as helping the mobile sales to earn some commission.   Trying to help the economy and keep unemployment rate low  🙂

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious : Who's oliverhaeffely? We don't actually know if Irene41 had activated. I would certainly suggest non-techy people to activate in a store. Rumour has it that option might be ending soon but not yet. I suppose I could have replied to oliverhaeffely.

I finally got around to tagging. Seems I missed that reply from him so I get it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

The OP stated they had already activated their account. Sending them to a retailer to port their fongo number to public mobile would not only be unlikely to happen but would open them up to a security risk to give a "helpful" salesperson access to their account. I think you should reconsider your choice of solution.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Irene41 

Is your Fonus number a Canadian phone #? If so then you can port it in. Fonus is considered by the telus porting department as a landline because it's listed under Iristel as the provider. These ports take 2 business days to complete sometimes up to 7 days. Be sure to initiate the port request between Monday to Friday preferably earlier in the week than later. They will not send out a PAT (porting authorization text.) If your port does not complete within 2 business days you can call the telus porting department to check on the status of your port.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@oliverhaeffely wrote:

activation done

@oliverhaeffely  Follow my advise above (go to My Account and click Change Number) , enter your number and see if it can locate Fonus as your provider.  If it can, follow the rest of the steps.  Better to enter account number than IMEI.   If it cannot locate Fonus as our provider, then you will need to message PM Support for manual porting 

oliverhaeffely
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

activation done

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Is your Fonus account still in good standing and do you still have that sim card? 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Irene41 

Are you wanting to be a new customer at Public Mobile? You can always use the live chat for activations if you have a new SIM card.

https://services.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Create self-serving account if you did not do that already.

Establish service with PM, pick plan, buy SIM, etc.

When everything is working as expected, log in to your account and

Yummy_0-1650993624973.png

Yummy_1-1650993631077.png

follow prompts. LEAVE old SIM in your phone as you will receive SMS from old provider asking you to authorize porting out. Reply Yes within 90 minutes. Done. Porting should be completed within few hours.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Irene41   you have your PM account activated already?  If so, login to My Account and click Change Phone Number and then select "Transfer a wireless or wireline.."

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/ChangeNumber/https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/ChangeNumber/

You will then ask the enter the account information from you old provider.  Finish fill in the form and submit

Just in case, if it cannot lookup your phone number and identify the provider, then you would need to open a ticket with PM Support and request manual porting

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you do not have a PM line yet, then in Step 2 of the activation process, you can select to transfer existing number and enter the information there.  Again, if Fonus is not a choice there, then you will have to get a temporary number first and then request porting after activation

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like you would be better off going to a store like London Drugs or Wow Mobile or the Mobile Shop in RCSS. This provider does everything online. They don't talk to customers. Only typing messages.

Have you done the activation here yet and now you're wanting to bring your other number over? Or have not done anything here yet?

Need Help? Let's chat.