cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port mobile no. I do not have service at present. How can I transfer my no. ?

drrairk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Port mobile no. I do not have service at present. How can I transfer my no. ? I have requested for the transfer of my Mobile no. to other provider but I can not receive service so How can I do that ?

24 REPLIES 24

drrairk

Thanks

@drrairk   You should remove your number from your earlier post as you're on a public forum.  Click the 3 dots top right of that post and then edit and delete.

drrairk

and I want to keep my number active.

drrairk

I am looking for Port out to other provider.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@drrairk : I have given you some workarounds. If your SIM is with you then you'll need to explore one or the other option.

Anonymous
Not applicable

my friend if you are in Ireland and you have a wifi and you want to getting a new number for Canada or USA
please try this 3 Apps maybe is help you getting call and texting for Free.

1. HERE 

2. HERE 

3. HERE 

i hope that is will help you.

Good Luck

drrairk

I have requested for port out. my request was rejected. I do not have access to receive SMS. my account is active.  PM website says respond to SMS within 90 min but I cant receive it.   

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately public mobile the do not have an option to do it,

only in canada.

drrairk

I have purchased a new sim in Ireland and my No. is + 353 -------. I want to use my Canadian number to receive SMS and calls from my Canada. At least, I can respond to those calls. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately public mobile the do not have an option to do it,

i recommend to you to get a prepaid service card from Ireland,

i don't getting you why you need to transfer ?

@drrairk wrote:

I am porting out. How can I contact moderated. I have someone trusted in the country. Please can you tell me in detail how to do it ?

@drrairk If you are past 90 days in suspended status than your phone number and Public Mobile account number is gone.

If you are within 90 days, and you are still trying to port your number (maybe for someone in Canada...?) then you will need to pay to activate it. 

Activate it on the lowest plan available the $15 one. Add funds to account and RESUME/ACTIVATE service.

If the person in Canada is going to use the number and IF they are porting to Telus or Koodo, I would recommend contacting the Moderators first (methods to contact Moderators supplied by @Anonymous ), since these companies are all under the Telus umbrella.

Good luck

drrairk

I am in Ireland. PM told me that they do not have service here and It can not be activated. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service

Good Luck

drrairk

I am porting out. How can I contact moderated. I have someone trusted in the country. Please can you tell me in detail how to do it ?

@drrairk  You cannot transfer your PM number to another country.
If you want to maintain your number until you return study this: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735/h...

You could open a Fongo or TextNow account and transfer your PM number AFTER reactivating your account. Both services are accessible by wifi. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

which country are you now !

otherwise i don't think so you can transfer your number out canada.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@drrairk : The service needs to be active first. Then you need to wait for the text from PM. If you have the SIM out of country then the only thing you can do is to get someone you trust to buy one for you and then you ask the moderators to change the SIM registered to your account. Then that person inserts the SIM and waits for you to request the transfer to confirm it. Then you're out.

Or mail/ship your SIM to that someone.

@drrairk  sound like you are porting out of PM, are you?

Either way, to complete porting, whether porting in or porting out, you will need a active service with the current provider and able to receive and reply SMS from the current provider (unless you are porting away from a landline)

If you are out of the country and unable to receive and reply the SMS, I am afraid you don't complete the porting at the moment.

drrairk

I have Public mobile account. I am in another country where you do not have service. I can not receive SMS. How can I transfer my number ? My request was rejected By Public mobile. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@drrairk 
Did you leave your old SIM in the phone and waited for a text confirming you are porting over to PM? You have 90 minutes to confirm with a YES then power off the phone and install the PM SIM.

You do the reverse if you are porting out of PM.

If you missed the 90 minutes window then you need to contact a moderator by clicking on the SIMon button and ask to contact a moderator or human if you are porting to PM. If you are porting out of PM, then you need to contact the other carrier.

Hope this helps.

drrairk

It sucks.

wellis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you already created a new PM account? If so, when the option to keep an old number or to create a new one came up, what did you select? 

If you have not already created a PM account, there will be a step in the signup process that allows you to decide whether or not you would like to keep your old number. When you reach this, follow the instructions provided in the sign-up and you should be all set.

Hope this helped.

drrairk

Port mobile no. I do not have service at present. How can I transfer my no. ? I have requested for the transfer of my Mobile no. to other provider but I can not receive service so How can I do that ?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@drrairk wrote:

Are you porting OUT of PM ? Is your PM account still active ? You need an active PM account if you want to port out to a different provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.