cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port in my number to a new carrier

Eric29
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I will have to transfer my number to another carrier now and when they trying to port in my number, shows this number not able to port in to another carrier. Can any one able to help me with this? I am waiting online, any CSA available now to chat with me?@customer service

11 REPLIES 11

Eric29

So that means this number can’t port in?

@Eric29   According to an online listing that is Clearwater

Eric29

hi are u able to check 778-208 for me pkease?

Eric29

Sorry, it’s typo, 778-208-xxxx

@Eric29 778-999-xxxx is a Vancouver number, it cam basically be ported to any provider.  Please check with Fido again.  But make sure your PM account is active and you provide Fido the PM account number 

Eric29

Trying to transfer to fido, 778 and last three is 999

@Eric29 which nee provider you are trying to 09rt your number to and can you provide us the area code and the next 3 digits of the number?? cam verify it for you again

hi @Eric29 it is possible.  It has to do with the city your phone number associated with and if the new carrier has some tech station in that city.  If it is not, nothing PM or the new carrier can do 😞

Eric29

When new carrier try to port in and type in my PM number, it shows this number not able to port in

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Not all numbers are portable.

You have to initiate porting at another provider and keep your PM SIM in your phone to reply Yes on authorisation SMS from PM.

There are NO agents here, only us - customers.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Eric29 confirm with your new carrier that this number can be ported over, not all numbers cam be moved around everywhere

and you provide your new carrier the PM account number?? 

Check with PM agent to see if they see the porting request

please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.