cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pls help to resolve

AngryLion
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having a very difficult time to change from my current phone provider to Public Mobile.  I have followed all instructions but when it got to the point where they tried to complete the process, it came back with failed attempt or technical issue.  Pls someone look into this for me.

12 REPLIES 12

AngryLion

Hi, it appears that the data usage information isn't updated yet on the PM app.  I will check back with your guys in a day or two if the 20 gb data isn't being updated.  By the way, I am signed up for the $34 for 20 GB data for BC customers.  

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AngryLion  separate question, is your 20GB plan $34? Are you in QC or elsewhere? The $34 plans are giving more data right now (just for a few days maybe, no one knows) and if you're on $34/20GB you could schedule a change to $34 for more **effective on next renewal date** (there's no refund if you change immediately).

[added: specifically, right now (Nov 21 @ 230am) QC has $34/30GB@5G speed and ON has $34/20GB@5G speed and $34/30GB@4G speed.]

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AngryLion wrote:

However, it shows only 2GB on my phone that I get as data when it should be 20GB data as promoted as a Black Friday promotion on the public site.  

Check the PM app or website to see your actual data allotment. You may have a 2GB limit set in your phone, which is not set by PM, it's just to alert the user when they've used a lot of data. That's a bigger issue with a prepaid carrier, where going over could incur a lot of charges; with prepaid like PM, there's no extra charge. Also be aware (if you're going to change that setting to 18GB or something so you know when you're running low) that PM and most carriers are 30 days not monthly, so the cycle set on the phone has to keep changing (if you end on Oct 20, you'll end Nov 19, Dec 19, Jan 18, etc.).

There's no PM plan that offers 2GB (AFAIK) so it's unlikely a limit from PM.

AngryLion

Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you for your assistance in trouble shooting the issue with porting out from my old provider to Public Mobile.  

However, it shows only 2GB on my phone that I get as data when it should be 20GB data as promoted as a Black Friday promotion on the public site.  

Please fix this.  

Thank you very much!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@AngryLion 

Seems that you are having a difficult time to port your number over to PM.

The steps must be followed in exact order:

- Make sure your Cityfone is active so don’t cancel service with them.

- Purchase a PM SIM from Amazon ($4.99), Canadian Cell Supplies ($6.99) or pick one up from Telus/Koodo store ($10.00).

- Download the PM app on your phone to activate the SIM. Use the Cityfone account number and not the IMEI to avoid issues. Complete to step 6.

- Keep the Cityfone in your phone and wait for the text from Cityfone and confirm with YES you are porting over to PM within 90 minute window once you get the text.

- Keep the Cityfone in your phone until porting process is completed because the old SIM will continue to work for about 2 hours.

- Power off the phone once porting is completed then switch to PM SIM and power on your phone.

That is it…what steps did you missed?

If all steps are followed, there could be provisional/backend issue with the SIM so contact a CS_Agent to fix at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

gilnockie1957

Drop Public Mobile fast. No support at all here! This will just be your first of many frustrations!!!

gilnockie1957

I would get away from Public Mobile as fast as you can! This is just the beginning of a major headache!! Get away before you start paying these guys. There is NO Support at all! If you have a problem, your screwed!!!

AngryLion

And one other thing, what do you mean by "just sign up, and get whatever # they give you"?  

I have already sign up.

AngryLion

I checked my mobile # with the link you sent me and it says the number is eligible to move.  What am I doing wrong here?

AngryLion

It came back saying fail while activating.

The provider I am moving from is Cityfone.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@AngryLion  did you come back and saying fail while you activate? or you got an email?

if during activation, which provider you are moving from?

and check porting eligibility here

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do

Need Help? Let's chat.