cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to sign up for the promotion $34 plan

AngryLion
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I need to go to a store to buy a sim card to go into my phone (my current sim card is incompatible) before I can properly complete the registration.  Will I be able to get $10 refund for that & still able to sign up for the plan?

Thank you,

Eric

5 REPLIES 5

As per previous conversation, I'd contact your local Telus store to see if they have any physical SIM cards for $10 or if you have Amazon Prime it's $4.99. Just do not order it directly from Public Mobile as it will take upwards of 3 plus weeks to get in the mail.

AngryLion
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a new client/register wanting to sign up for the promotion.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@AngryLion 

Can we get more detail of what you mean by “SIM card is not compatible”?

If you mean the size of SIM doesn’t fit the SIM tray. The PM SIM is a 3 in 1 size. You just need to punch out the spacer.

You don’t need another SIM because they all come Standard, Micro and Nano size.

You can switch to another plan if you are an existing member by login into your account and go to Subscription and Add-on and change to the plan you want on the same SIM.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is this a new to you phone? If you already have service here then you can carefully snap out the smaller sim from the larger one that you probably have. There are very fine frames around the final size of the gold contacts.  Unless you have a really old sim.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @AngryLion you have to pay for the phsycial sim card, only eSIM is free, but I suggest to stay with physical as you can easily move sim to another phone for free with physical

To save some money get the sim from Amazon for $4.99

https://www.amazon.ca/Public-prepaid-postpaid-Activate-Allinone/dp/B06X9ZGDWG

Need Help? Let's chat.