cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with changing my plan

RossRoss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

today I decided to check my account for the first time since years and got curious about plans and realized that they now have a plan with the same features for less. Currently my monthly plan is $35 ($30 after rewards $2 auto pay and $3 loyalty) for unlimited Canada calling and international texting with 1GB data. I don't know when they changed that but this $35 plan is now offered with 2.5Gb data.

The $25 plan is with 0.5GB data and the rest of the features the same as my current plan, however with auto pay I get the rewards of additional 0.5GB and $2 off which becomes the same as my current plan for less and I wonder if my $3 loyalty award will be transferred to this plan or I have to gain it again.

When I chose to change the plan it tells me: "This cost of this plan is higher than your current available funds.You will need to make a payment to your account to complete the plan change" and the options are "Top up your account" or "Change on next renewal date".

Since I'm auto paying on 25th each month and would like to continue auto paying with the new plan I'm not sure what exactly happens and needed to be done if I chose to top up or change on next renewal day.

I will greatly appreciate help with this.

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@RossRoss 

Schedule a plan change on next renewal. Everything else will remain the same except the actual plan change to a cheaper plan with the same features since you are already signed up for autopay.

Ignore the circled plan but note the $35 plan next to it as it is likely the plan you currently have.

Screenshot_20210924-171016~2.png

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

RossRoss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
My Plan

Under my plan details it says:
  • This plan includes: -
  • - 1GB at 3G Speed

I guess it will be the same

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@RossRoss 

As mentioned above, your grandfathered plan likely has LTE data, instead of the presently offered 3G data plans.  You can tell by checking your self service account under plan details.  If it mentions 3G data speed, then your plan has 3G speed.  If it does not mention 3G, then your plan has LTE data.  

For most people, the difference is not noticeable.  However, some customers do prefer the LTE data.  If you change from your grandfathered plans, you can't get the plan back if you change your mind.  

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @RossRoss 

all rewards will be keep as is in your account,
it's not with plan,

you can choose whatever plan you like to change to. ( Change on next renewal date ) to you not losing anything.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@RossRoss  - chose "Change on next renewal date", if you have autopay registered it will charge you accordingly.

Note, the data speeds are different on the grandfathered plans then the inmarket ones today (at 3G). But I have no complaints on this speed, and many others seem happy with speed as well.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@RossRoss 

I would recommend to change your plan on next renew so you won’t loss your rewards.

Also, DON’T change to Points system, you will be better off on staying with the existing Rewards system.

Need Help? Let's chat.