cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone

Dougchay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in Alberta and I want to purchase a phone for my son in BC. I am going to to pay for the line, so my billing address is Alberta, but I want a BC number and I want to ship the phone I purchase to BC. How can i do this?

7 REPLIES 7

@Dougchay 

Your son can activate the SIM in BC so he can get a BC number.

Dougchay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for everyone's input. I have ordered the phone to be shipped to me and will try to work out the phone numberf issue in the meantime.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Dougchay 

When you order the phone ship it directly to your son. Ensure that it doesn't get shipped to a P.O. box in case it is shipped via UPS who cannot deliver to P.O. boxes. If you wish to activate the SIM card he can give you the SIM card # to activate on his behalf entering the profile details with his info (or any details as they do not have to be user specific.) Just ensure the credit card info and it's billing address match yours exactly.

More importantly is the choice of phone number as this is what billing and tax rates are based upon. If you choose an Alberta number at activation the plan charges will only be charged gst. You could top up the account with a couple of months of service so that you only pay gst. Then you or your son can change the phone number in the self serve account ( phone numbers can be changed up to 4 times in a 30 day period) to a bc phone number.

Going forward when payment is due you can keep a card registered for autopay but if you purchase pm vouchers in Alberta at retailers  such as London Drugs*, Shell Stations, 7/11 etc....then you will continue to only pay gst and the vouchers can be loaded onto the account thru self serve or easier still by either your son by calling 611 from his phone or by you calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and entering his 10 digit phone number. You then press (1) and (1) again and enter the 12 digit pin # from the voucher.

* If you join the LD Extras program purchasing 10×$10 pm vouchers each on separate "visits" you can earn $5 redeemable coupons on the purchase of another pm voucher (or any purchase at LD) which will earn you another "visit". You also get a $5 coupon on your birthday too! 

Alternatively you can allow your son to keep the SIM card that comes with the phone as a spare and order an activation bundle from Canadian Cell Supplies and have that sim card shipped to your son. They offer regular 20% discounts on the first 2 months of service and a free sim card with free shipping via Canada Post. You can also qualify for additional promotions at the time of activation with CCS such as a free third month credit or bonus data but it does not qualify for the $35+ 2gb bonus recurring plan data (indefinitely) that uses the promocode 2GBBONUS as it is for online activations only. CCS is a good option for those activating on the $15 or $25 plan.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/pages/savings-with-public-mobile-plans

If you activate for your son your referral code for the $10 bonus referral credit and the promocode for data bonuses are entered in the referral code box and the promocode box that are side by side on the 4th page of the activation portal. If you have further questions about CCS I am happy to answer them privately or publicly.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Dougchay 

for new Activation line to ensure about the Address chat with agent live Online Assistance

How To Activate Your SIM Card Online | Public Mobile

Edit: @Dougchay 

to purchase device it's Separated site and choose as
Continue as a guest and enter whatevery address ship to....purchase phone (publicmobile.ca)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Dougchay  buying phones are separate from activating and creating Public Mobile accounts.

When you buy the phone ship it to your son in BC. Your son will have the phone and SIM card it comes with.

Once all is received, then you can help him activate the SIM card online here:https://publicmobile.ca/en/ns/portal/activation

This is where you will be able to choose your phone number. Just choose the city or a city near where you want the area code and prefix for and it will give you options for phone numbers.

You can choose whatever city you like actually, regardless of where you are living. What ever city you choose will decide when numbers are available.

I hope that makes sense.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Dougchay 

Maybe you can order the phone and the free SIM from PM to your home then you can ship it to your son.

Your son can activate the SIM in BC and can pick a BC number.

But double check with CS_Agent how you can order the phone & SIM, set payment to your CC and have it shipped to you son.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dougchay Everything is done online. So technically it doesn't matter what address you use as you will never get a bill mailed to you. So you can have your address in your account profile and select a BC number.

When you sign up and go through the activation you can select a BC phone number. Don't forget to use your referral code.

Need Help? Let's chat.