cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans

car62
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I change plans I have 4gb data bonus and also I have 1000 international minutes will I lose them I am changing to a 5g plan

9 REPLIES 9

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@Chalupa_Batman and @Phil_Adelphus are correct. Data add-on's are incompatible with unlimited plans, however they'll stay on your account until if/when you switch to a plan that isn't unlimited.

The only caveat I'd add is that yes standard one-time data add-on's will stay, but if it was a promo where you got 4GB of bonus data for 12 months or whatever, those won't transfer over and will be forfeited.

@Phil_Adelphus   I actually was agreeing to your comments about how the add-on data is (should be) treated. However, the real test will be when someone depletes their plan data (on these 5G plans) and experiences it first hand as to whether the add-on is accessed first or not.  I'm inclined to think not since it's marked as "incompatible" and reduced speed data kicks in which makes the most sense anyhow.

@dabr  All I can say is that that's what happened when I switched to 5G unlimited, the international minutes remained but the  two bonus data add-ons were marked incompatible.  Under "Why is my data add-on incompatible" it says "Some Data Add-ons are restricted to certain base subscriptions. If you switch to a subscription that is compatible with your existing data add-on, you will still be able to use it."  

It's not likely that I'll ever get to the limit of my 5G data to find out what actually happens!

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@car62   You won't lose them but with the 5G unlimited plans the data add-ons will become "incompatible" meaning they stay on your account and only become usable again if you change to a "compatible" plan (presumably not unlimited).  The international minutes remain usable.

Yep, that would be the most logical way for PM to treat add-on data if on the newer unlimited 5G plans, however, it's been known that what would be considered most logical isn't always the case in how PM goes about things, more because of poor implementing of any changes in their system and then seeming inability to fix anomalies in a timely manner, unfortunately..

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@car62   You won't lose them but with the 5G unlimited plans the data add-ons will become "incompatible" meaning they stay on your account and only become usable again if you change to a "compatible" plan (presumably not unlimited).  The international minutes remain usable.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @car62 

I have changed plans 3 times now. I haven't lost any rewards or any of the Christmas bonuses we get here. You will keep the 1000 international minutes as I have...  like 2000 of them....  however, with regards to the 4GB of Christmas data you seem to have, if you sign up for a 5G account, as you can see it's unlimited after a particular amount then throttled at 512kbps. Here's the thing that is unknown. Once you hit your full limit and it starts throttling, I have a sneaking feeling you'll use those 4GB at full speeds if you go over your set amount. Then those 4GB will be gone. That's my opinion and I am unanimous on that. 

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @car62 

You will not lose any add-ons if you change plan.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@car62    Changing plans does not affect any rewards or add-ons whether gifted or purchased.  However, it's recommended to change at next renewal option as PM doesn't offer refunds or prorate for unused days left in your current cycle.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@car62 

nope...they'll stay on your account until you use 'em up.

Need Help? Let's chat.