cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan renewal - not able to login to account

Abs2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I got an Account under xxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com which I got the plan for my spouse. Now she is gone to overseas and I need to activate the plan.When I want to login it sends a code to the public mobile number that is on the account and I can’t get the code because the phone and SIM card is not here. She can not use that number or receive that code via text message outside Canada either. Is there any way you can activate OTP through email.

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

4 REPLIES 4

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Abs2 

Log in to account. Let the code be sent to cell phone. Then tap to resend code. You will be given 3 options. 

1. Text to the number 

2. Voice call to the number. 

3. Email to wife’s gmail. 

Hopefully you know her password or you can obtain it. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Abs2 please remove your email address from your post. Do not post any private information here due to this is a public / open forum.

Edit
@Dunkman , if your on here please remove Op’s email address in the post.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Abs2 

PM just changed to a new EverSafe login system and you need to complete the setup

Since you have not created an EverSafe id yet,  you won't be able complete the part to link your My Account with the EverSafe ID, that needs a working phone with a working PM sim using SMS.  (Sending the code to email would not be a choice until  EverSafe id is fully setup) 

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support and have them to help in this situation:

Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.