cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan payment

robm54
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I do a one off top up to cover my upcoming monthly plan (not on autopay) just for the amount of the plan after my rewards are deducted rather than (in this case), putting in the $15 amount for my plan, will this cause any problems?  The reason I'm asking is that from previous experience with this company I have learned to take nothing for granted no matter how simple, obvious or intuitive one might think a question /issue  might be ( i.e: things easily run off the rails when payments don't conform to their often rigid billing protocols.) Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@robm54 - i'd suggest to add funds for the full amount of your plan. As Public seems to take the the payment first, then applying the rewards later. So, in your scenario, I feel your renewal will likely fail due to not enough funds if you don't have autopay enabled.

When your regular plan goes through the renewal process, that process first converts any of your Rewards into $$ in Available Funds.  If there's still a deficiency...then PM will touch your on-file credit card that's set to "Subscribed"...(previously known as Autopay )

The op just needs to make sure they have the difference between regular plan costs ($15) less whatever Rewards they have. Manually load that difference into Available Funds before renewal and your credit cards doesn't get touched...plus ...they still get Autopay Rewards  added op says they're not on Autopay so no Reward for you !!

OP might have other rewards like loyalty and RAF even if autopay is disabled which is only available for customers who activated prior to Jan, 25th/2022, of course. 

@Anonymous  (@esjliv, perhaps?), from my observation, the rewards seem to get added to the account a day or hours before the renewal time.

robm54
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's exactly what I was referring to, even though logic would suggest that the way the final balance is calculated shouldn't matter as long as there is enough to cover the final result including taxes.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@robm54 

It should be fine but remember that the points given is withdrawn on renewal date and your points will be added after the withdrawn. So you can redeem the 15 points for $15 on your next month’s bill.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Personally, I would put exact amount whatever your plan cost. I would not rely 100% that PM will take into consideration all your $ rewards and apply to your renewal fee.
It will not be a big 'loss' to have few $ extra on account. I would do that 2-3 months AND if everything works as expected Then I would top up whatever plan cost minus rewards.

Just to be on the safe side and not get into suspension.

@Anonymous wrote:

@robm54 - i'd suggest to add funds for the full amount of your plan. As Public seems to take the the payment first, then applying the rewards later. So, in your scenario, I feel your renewal will likely fail due to not enough funds if you don't have autopay enabled.

When your regular plan goes through the renewal process, that process first converts any of your Rewards into $$ in Available Funds.  If there's still a deficiency...then PM will touch your on-file credit card that's set to "Subscribed"...(previously known as Autopay )

The op just needs to make sure they have the difference between regular plan costs ($15) less whatever Rewards they have. Manually load that difference into Available Funds before renewal and your credit cards doesn't get touched...plus ...they still get Autopay Rewards  added op says they're not on Autopay so no Reward for you !!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@robm54 it is good.  And check the day before your renewal, look like PM will deposit the rewards into your My Account as Available Fund a day before the renewal now

Anonymous
Not applicable

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@robm54 

that should work just fine...make sure to put enuff $$ to cover whatever Rewards don't cover.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@robm54  It shouldn’t , so long as you have enough funds for the plan to renew 

Add don’t forget to add enough for tax also 

Need Help? Let's chat.