cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone stolen can’t log in

Checka223
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone was stolen and I haven’t been able to log into my account. Do you know if my PM account may be locked because the phone was reported as lost/stolen? I’ve been messaging with customer support for days now and still cant log in. Whenever I try just once it  says I’ve made too many attempts and to try again in an hour. 

11 REPLIES 11

Checka223

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Checka223

I wish they would have told me that…I’ve messaged with around four different CS agents so far and not one said that I can’t log into my account due to it being locked down after phone was listed as stolen. I’m still waiting for help and with each agent I’ve messaged therapy ask the same questions to verify it’s me…I’ve given this information several times, they’ve sent me verification codes and I am still waiting for this to be resolved. I’m at the point where I am considering just giving up and going with another provider. 

Lorianne16

That's why they would lock it out. So no one can access his account  thru his phone. Or anyone could do that. My passwords are saved in my cell. Not a good idea no. But most ppl do that. So if they lock his account down and when he's ready to use it again. All he he has to do is chat and have it removed. It's more if safety  function. Otherwise rhey coukd change rhe Sim number log in credentials  and walk away wirh a free phone n new number. This way  they can't use his account here which is probably attached to his payment method too. Makes more sence to me. He's already  tried more rhan 3x waited rhe time snd still  can't get in. But his number one  comment that stood out was the rep reported his phoen stolen on the account  in which would make the entire account locked out until he makes contact again via chat as we can't call them. Which is another reason they lock it down. Aka there's no way  to call them. So who's to prove who's chating. It's automatic soon as the rep puts in lost or stolen. It's that way with bell telus etc. Public is a side company from telus. So they share alot of the same features when  it comes to accounts. It's easier to just chat and make sure. But common sence would say it woydl automatically lock down right.  I would hope it would for me if that happens.  That being said.  My phones got lines on it. So I struggle to type some days.  It would be great if they offered new phones. Take care. Kinda cool to bounce things  off pll on here rather than wait for chat. One person might know more experienced it or have a better idea. I had no idea this community chat existed until the other day.  I thought I was talking to a rep last week. That's funny. Take care 

HI @Lorianne16 

that is not really true.  OP can login the account to unsuspend the account.  of course, if OP cannot login, then CS agent will help

Lorianne16

It's not going to work if an agent marked it lost or stolen its now frozen u til you contact another agent and have that  lifted off the account. They've locked your account down until you contact them again. So I'd go in chat and make contact  give your information  to varify yourself and they'll unlock your account. Nothing you do on your cell will work until they unlock the account. It's done so no one can access your account  for safety. The min you ask them to loxk your account that your cell was lost or stolen. They make sure no onr can ever get into it accept you. So nothing to do eith glitches or wrong passwords. Its simpily locked down is all...Hope this helps. Hope you found your phone. Take care 

@Checka223 , the online portal has always been finicky and suffer from data caching problems.  When faced with login problems, try using incognito mode.  This most often helps.  

Since you tried several times, it locks you out after 3 tries for 1 hours. You can try again in an hour or so but clear your cache, history and cookies in your browser settings and restart the browser. This may help.

@Checka223 no, it was just you didn't enter the correct info or not able to receive the 2FA code

if you really cannot login, best to message support for assistance

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Checka223 

PM account is not locked because the phone was report lost/stolen.  

Are you entering the right password?  

The website is finicky.  You can try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  Or try a different device.  

Might also want to try to reset password.  

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

If the bot is not working, use this direct link to contact support. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Checka223

My phone was stolen and I am unable to log into my account. When I try it says I’ve made too many attempts and to try again in an hour. A CS agent marked my phone as lost/stolen as I was unable to log in to do it myself. Do you know if the reason I can’t log in is because my phone was marked as lost/stolen? 

Need Help? Let's chat.