Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number transfer

Pfstirling
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

the koodo store supposedly ported my telus number to Public but it didn’t work

19 REPLIES 19

@Pfstirling wrote:

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm not able to open a ticket, as the login for that option asks me to log in - despite already being logged in - and it does not accept my username and password. I even reset my password yesterday, in case that was the issue, but continue to get the response "Error logging in".

So I've sent a private email request outlining the request - for the second time - but have not heard back.

@Pfstirling    Yeah, the chatbot ticket submission does require that you log in again into your Community account as part of the verification (even though you already are).  It is confusing set up and sometimes (for some) it's easier to send a private message.

Pfstirling

I've done this now twice. Hopefully will hear back is opening a ticket is also not working

Pfstirling

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm not able to open a ticket, as the login for that option asks me to log in - despite already being logged in - and it does not accept my username and password. I even reset my password yesterday, in case that was the issue, but continue to get the response "Error logging in".

So I've sent a private email request outlining the request - for the second time - but have not heard back.

@Pfstirling  Telus own PM and the same call centre takes care of PM porting issue too

So, is the porting issue resolved yet?

If not, and since you try calling already, maybe you can open a ticket with this direct link:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

or you can private message PM support (it might take longer)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Pfstirling

It is definitely not the same team. Using the number you sent me I talked to two different service reps with Telus, but they said they cannot see any details on the Public Mobile side - they say it is a separate system altogether

@Pfstirling wrote:

Thanks for sending the number. It was a Telus number though - for Telus support. They say my old Telus acct shows that the number was ported out, but they can't do anything on the Public Mobile side. Not sure what else to do beyond cancelling the acct. If there is truly no Public Mobile support to even get a phone number up and running, then how do you even start?

@Pfstirling 

If your issue is still not resolved,Try to submit a ticket again via:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

@Nezgar Oh, it's not the same team?  I thought it is the same number. Or maybe the number is different but it routed to the same call centre?

@softech I have 2 different porting assistance numbers in my notes, one for Telus, one for Public Mobile - I would hope either would result in technicians with visibility to both Telus/PM...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pfstirling 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

@Pfstirling Telus owns PM and hence it is the same porting team  🙂

have you open a ticket with PM yet?  if not,  please do so:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Pfstirling

Thanks for sending the number. It was a Telus number though - for Telus support. They say my old Telus acct shows that the number was ported out, but they can't do anything on the Public Mobile side. Not sure what else to do beyond cancelling the acct. If there is truly no Public Mobile support to even get a phone number up and running, then how do you even start?

@Pfstirling wrote:

Thank you for your detailed replies. The Public account does work, but it is with a new number (Toronto area code, which is not where I live). Everything seemed to work fine, other than the fact my old number (under Telus) was not ported to the new Public acct.

I was did get the text from Telus saying I wished to transfer the number, and replied YES before changing sim cards.

I've since spoken with Telus, but they say they can't do anything to assist with transferring the number. They did say my old number will remain available to me for 9-0 days.

Peter

@Pfstirling 

did you call the number I private messaged you?  what did they say?  Any Telus number can be ported into PM without issue.  Telus owns PM and PM uses Telus system.   No reason why number cannot be ported into PM.

it's a bit late now, call the number i messaged you again tomorrow.  They might have to re-trigger the SMS , which mean you need your Telus SIM back in a phone to receive the text  and reply YES again .. within 90 mins

@Pfstirling wrote:

Thank you for your detailed replies. The Public account does work, but it is with a new number (Toronto area code, which is not where I live). Everything seemed to work fine, other than the fact my old number (under Telus) was not ported to the new Public acct.

I was did get the text from Telus saying I wished to transfer the number, and replied YES before changing sim cards.

I've since spoken with Telus, but they say they can't do anything to assist with transferring the number. They did say my old number will remain available to me for 9-0 days.

Peter

@Pfstirling 

Have you contacted PM to restart the request?

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1n1doJroLwunnRGLWzZ...

Pfstirling

Peter

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Pfstirling wrote:

@Pfstirling  -

Did you get charged for the Public Mobile SIM card activation?

Register for a Self Serve account, here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

and see if your account status is ACTIVE.

IF so, great.

Do any services work when you insert the Public Mobile SIM card?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Pfstirling 

Even though Koodo staff ported your number over to PM.

You are to leave the Koodo SIM in the phone and wait for the SMS text from Koodo confirming with YES that you are porting over to PM.

At this point, since Koodo, PM are part of Telus.

Contact a CS Agent by clicking on the SIMon chat button and type in Create a Ticket and explain your problem so they can look into it for you.

They will need your Koodo account number, your address, phone number etc.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Pfstirling wrote:

@Pfstirling 

This is the official procedure for that:

Port Fraud Protection (publicmobile.ca) > 

Transferring A Number From TELUS Or Koodo (Including Formerly PC Mobile)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pfstirling 

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pfstirling  what  you meant by didnt' work?  did you reply a text on your old provider Telus? 

Anyway, there is a number you can call to confirm the porting status..they will advise what to do or re-trigger the process  i will private message you , please check your Community inbox on the top right envelope icon

Need Help? Let's chat.