cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

JackSmith1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Data works but I cannot make or receive calls or access my voicemail. I’ve sent out my phone number with some job applications and need this fixed ASAP. It’s not even sending people to voicemail and k can’t see who tried to call

21 REPLIES 21

JackSmith1

I put in on airplane mode and get a 1UT1 the person is not available. Interestingly if I call the number or try and make an outgoing. All immediately after taking it off airplane mode it works?!?!?

@JackSmith1 wrote:

how do I check voicemail from another phone? When I call my own number is says call failed. There is only a slim hope that some people trying to call might have even be routed to voicemail as when we try now it just says call failed.

I'm curious if you turn off your phone or put it in airplane mode if incoming calls still continue to fail, or then start going to voicemail at least properly? Could be an interesting test.

To reach your Public Mobile voicemail from another phone without dialing your own number, you can check this list I gathered in the past of all known local access numbers across Canada.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

JackSmith1

Thanks. This is literally the worst possible timing for this to happen for us. I need incoming calls to this number to at least go to voicemail.

@JackSmith1 I would reply the message every 12 or 24 hours and ask them for any update 

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't see how porting your number to another provider would help either and it might be impossible to even port your number while you are having this problem.  I have no experience with this sort of problem so could be mistaken as well.

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That is very frustrating and worrying situation to suddenly have problems with a long term number.  I don't think testing erases passwords but resetting the network does erase passwords for internet wifi is how I understand it.

JackSmith1

how do I check voicemail from another phone? When I call my own number is says call failed. There is only a slim hope that some people trying to call might have even be routed to voicemail as when we try now it just says call failed.

customer service told me they have to submit a ticket to tech support which takes 48 hours.

CS has already told us to try everything on the list none of which worked (thank you for letting me know testing erases wifi passwords though, CS did NOT tell me that so I’m now also almost of data along with not being able to make or receive calls 

JackSmith1

We didn’t port the number. I’m asking if porting it to another provider might solve it? Customer service responds in 2-4 hour but told me they have to submit a tech ticket which will take 48. When they reset something earlier today we could receive phonecalls but not make them then they tried resetting is again and now we can’t do either. Have already tried switching to 3G

@JackSmith1 

Responds to support tickets recently has been a few hours (not 48 hours). So keep checking your private message inbox for response.  

With the roll out of VoLTE service, there have been more voice issues the last several weeks.  Usually the customer service agent needs to "reset" your account and voice should start working.  

As your wait for response, there are a few basic trouble shooting advice:

Try add  prefix 1 in front of the area code for calling out.

Reboot phone

Network reset of phone (this will erase saved Wifi passwords)

Toggle airplane mode on, off

Manually select 3G or LTE network. 

Getting a new PM SIM card won't help.  I guess that you can port out to another company since your PM account is active presently, but I would suggest waiting for CSA response.  It should not usually be more than half a day.  

BTW, you can check your voice mail message from another phone.  Just need to know your Voicemail pin number. 

@JackSmith1 nonworry, whole it says up to 48 hours,   support usually reply with 2 to 4 hours 

you said you ported the number    you can  receive incoming calls?

can you make outgoing calls now?

try changing thr network mode or preferred network type to 3G only on your phone and see if incoming and outgoing calls work 

JackSmith1

We’ve had this number with public for a while and it’s suddenly stopped working. Cannot make or receive calls. Tried a bunch of things including putting sim in different phone. Tech support ticket has been sent but could take up to 48 hours. My son sent out a bunch of job applications last week with this number. They are all entry level student jobs so if they don’t get an answer or voicemail they are just going to move on to the next person! Waiting 48 hours (on top of the time we’ve already spent fixing it) is not a great option for us! What is it worth me trying? If I sign up with another provider and port the number will it work or is it likely to be the phone number that there is something wrong with. What if I go out and buy another public SIM card- might that fix the problem. We’ve tried everything else (resetting on public’s end and our end, switching to 3G restated phone etc etc) any ideas to get this phone number working sooner than 48 hours is very appreciated!!

JackSmith1

They’ve refreshed several times and still not working. For a while he could receive phonecalls but not make them but now we are back to nothing. Tried the sim in another phone and same problem. CS told me they would submit a technical support ticket but that would take up to 48 hours. We are expecting some important phonecalls!!!! 

JackSmith1

We switched to  3G and we get a number is not in service message rather than call failed. We were able to try the sim in another phone and same problem. Is it worth going out an buying another sim? It’s really important we get this fixed asap. We are expecting some important phonecalls to this number and it’s not even going to voicemail and we can’t see who has tried to call

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@JackSmith1 wrote:

Data works but I cannot make or receive calls or access my voicemail. I’ve sent out my phone number with some job applications and need this fixed ASAP. It’s not even sending people to voicemail and k can’t see who tried to call

I see you've already opened a ticket with the CS Agents, so that's good. In the mean time I see someone has already suggested enabling VoLTE, but since you mentioned you ahve an iPhone SE 2022, you probably don't have any such configurable option. But you should still have the option to select between 3G and 4G/LTE networks.

As a troubleshooting measure, try forcing that option in your settings to 3G only mode, to rule out of LTE/VoLTE is causing a problem, or if by making this change if your phone reports "no service" - as that would confirm if by chance there is no 3G network in your area anymore. If that is the case, you could ask in your ticket with the CS Agents to try manually provisioning VoLTE for your account if they have not done so already, so that your calls can work over the LTE network, as traditionally up until the last few months Public mobile always relied on the 3G network for calls.

@JackSmith1 wrote:

I already submitted a ticket a few hours ago and have heard nothing back and still not working. Does this happen a lot? I can’t just have my phone stop working with no one to help fix it like this 

Customer support isn't 24 hours.  It's 6am to 10pm Eastern Time.  Response time can take longer if there are more tickets.

JackSmith1

I already submitted a ticket a few hours ago and have heard nothing back and still not working. Does this happen a lot? I can’t just have my phone stop working with no one to help fix it like this 

@JackSmith1 PM has some voice issue lately, you could be one got affected, too.  Please open ticket with support and they can refresh your account and fix the issue 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account): click this  Chatbot Ticket Link 

Then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" to open the ticket submission page
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

JackSmith1

Just to clarify the issue- if I try and make a call the call fails, if someone calls me, it fails and does not show up on my phone or direct them to voicemail. I cannot call 611 or my voicemail (call fails). According to my phone I am connected to public mobile. I have been with public for over a year and have not changed anything such as my phone number before this started happening. I mostly text so I’m not even sure how long this has been going on for. Could have been 2 weeks already. 

JackSmith1

It’s a iPhone SE 2022

JackSmith1

Been with PM for several years and have not changed numbers. Yes I really cannot make calls. I have tried to various numbers, 611 and even calling voicemail but I get call failed every time. I do not have another phone to try the sim in

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JackSmith1 did you just join Pm ?  did you request to port 8n your number?  Are you sure you cannot even make calls?  if you can make calls but not receive, it is a different issue

Please confirm if you really cannot make calls

And what brand and model your phone? try also to put your PM SIM in another phone and test

Try enable VoLTE on your device and see if it helps

Need Help? Let's chat.