cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal phone number in TAG

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The 'more the merrier' thread by @J_PM has a tag with a phone number.

Is this deliberate or it needs to be replaced with xxx-xxx-xxxx?

49 REPLIES 49

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pkaraa 

you need to contact Jade_S by Private Messages, to she can remove it.

or same person who add tags can remove the tag..

Public Mobile staff cannot remove a tag inserted by a member. This is a site software limitation.  The only thing that can be done is for the entire post to be removed/moved or hidden.

Oh, well there you go, @computergeek541, maybe this is a post to move to the lounge...🤔

@pkaraa 

I don't care who gets the solution as long as it's correct. As far as accolades when there are several repeat correct answers then the first correct poster should get the solution. The community is only as good as the information we provide. We don't want this to turn into a "fido" community do we?😆

pkaraa

Satisfied with this solution of @computergeek541 . Confirms  that user who TAG can be removed by user only. 

@computergeek541 

Thanks finally an answer to this long burning question. 

@pkaraa 

There is your answer....so your solution is incorrect unless the entire post is either deleted or archived. Since it was an announcement thread neither of those possible solutions is an option unless the tag was exceptionally objectionable or offensive. Perhaps you would like to give the solution to our esteemed Oracle.

@Anonymous wrote:

@pkaraa 

you need to contact Jade_S by Private Messages, to she can remove it.

or same person who add tags can remove the tag..

Public Mobile staff cannot remove a tag inserted by a member. This is a site software limitation.  The only thing that can be done is for the entire post to be removed/moved or hidden.

totally agree that "The community is only as good as the information we provide.". 

We cannot just "sure this said that but meant something else".  New customers come here couple months later with the same issue wouldn't be able to understand what we "assumed "

honest, if we don't have a confirmed answer, do we need to pick a "winner" now?

@J_PM 

Well I see the bravo but I also still see the phone number tagged in your "More is Merrier" announcement post. So can you answer the question asked? Who if anyone can remove a tag from a post?

@pkaraa 

I disagree. I take the post as literal. The assumption being that the tagger or the tagee are able to remove the tag. @hTideGnow  and I just proved that is not possible. Have you opened a ticket to see if a CSA can remove it? I don't think that is possible either but perhaps you should confirm that.

This is not about taking a solution away from a particular member but ensuring if there is a solution that it is correctly marked instead of steering other members in the wrong direction. The thread is better marked as unsolved.

The community is only as good as the information we provide.

@pkaraa wrote:

I m sure @Anonymous mention of Jade was meant support agents.

I give benefit of doubt and not go with literal wording.

Fair, they are buddies,  🙂

pkaraa

I m sure @Anonymous mention of Jade was meant support agents.

I give benefit of doubt and not go with literal wording.

@pkaraa wrote:

@hTideGnow wrote:

@pkaraa I agree.. afterall, messaging Jade is not the proper solution.  

Yes to remove tags..I agree. but if you see a personal phone number in tags then yes messaging Jade can be a solution. 

HI @pkaraa , totally agree that this can be a solution.. but doubt we should go that way.  Of course, we can message @J_PM for anything and everything  (this seems to be a way that will never be wrong) , but should we?  Should this be a solution?  From now on, instead of asking people to message CSAgent, we should now change to ask people to message Jade?

I think  Jade agree that we should open ticket with CS Agent, the proper channel,  instead of messaging her directly.  .

I don't complain like other member here, I don't message Jade as much as others.  That's why I try to avoid suggesting to message our Community manager.

pkaraa

@hTideGnow wrote:

Yes to remove tags..I agree. but if you see a personal phone number in tags then yes messaging Jade can be a solution. 

@darlicious wrote:

@hTideGnow 

Now I can....so there is a bit of a delay. I searched the khoros community for an answer and nothing came up.

@pkaraa 

I would have to say there is no solution to your question except that it seems a tag cannot be removed unless @David_J has an answer for us since he deals with the khoros software.

@hTideGnow 

Now I can....so there is a bit of a delay. I searched the khoros community for an answer and nothing came up.

@pkaraa 

I would have to say there is no solution to your question except that it seems a tag cannot be removed unless @David_J has an answer for us since he deals with the khoros software.

@darlicious wrote:

@hTideGnow 

Yes but can you see the actual tag on your post? Because if you cannot this would explain why another member has not reported the tags on their posts.

I can see, so, it cannot explain why the other one cannot.

you still cannot see the one I tagged you?

@hTideGnow 

Yes but can you see the actual tag on your post? Because if you cannot this would explain why another member has not reported the tags on their posts.

@darlicious   you put this tag, right?  

Yes, I found it.  But there is no alert someone tagged my post.  And it is kind hard to find who tagged me.  For this one, there is on one else who used this tag before , so your name is the only one.  But if more people used the same tag, I am not sure if we can tell.

@darlicious wrote:

@pkaraa 

Actually....can a tag be removed at all? I cant see a way at the moment.

I am looking for way to change the Tag, too but I cannot find it yet

So, Accepted solution can be changed, but not tag  🙂 

@hTideGnow 

Can you see my tag?

@pkaraa 

Actually....can a tag be removed at all? I cant see a way at the moment.

HI @darlicious   Maybe too long the tag?  I tagged again, simple one word.  Does it work?

@hTideGnow 

Ok that's weird...I found your tag in your profile and it brings me to my post but I can't see the tag?

HI @darlicious  , just tagged your post  

pkaraa

@hTideGnow wrote:

@pkaraa   This is an interesting topic.  Just learned something new

Also, I think you picked an interesting one as the solution.    But I argue the chose solution was slightly wrong and incomplete.    I don't think you need to contact Jade_S by private messages is the solution.  You can just contact CS Agent  via messaging or via proper ticket  and they will be able to help too.  No need to contact Jade_S

I chose correct. Thanks for pointing it though.

pkaraa

I tried to remove it, there is no option for it.

@hTideGnow 

As far as it is known only the tagger and possibly the poster can remove a tag. Why don't you try?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@pkaraa   This is an interesting topic.  Just learned something new

Also, I think you picked an interesting one as the solution.    But I argue the chosen solution was slightly wrong and incomplete.    I don't think you need to contact Jade_S by private messages is the solution.  You can just contact CS Agent  via messaging or via proper ticket  and they will be able to help too.  No need to contact Jade_S

@softech wrote:

@esjliv no.. there is no notification for tagging I guess?

i tagged you just know.. you see any notification.?

👎

@esjliv no.. there is no notification for tagging I guess?

i tagged you just know.. you see any notification.?

@softech I tagged you here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/Personal-phone-number-in-TAG/m-p/758423/hig...

but you didn't get any notice of it, did you? thought if I '@' you, it would work.

Need Help? Let's chat.