cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial completion of EverSafe account setup, now can't log into Public Mobile account

Newt567
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Someone in my family tried to log into their public mobile account today and was asked to set up an EverSafe account. They got part of the way through the process, including changing their email address when prompted, but backed out before the process was fully complete. Now they can't seem to log in at all, with either the old email address or the new on. "Forgot password" doesn't work either, specifying either of the two email addresses OR the phone number.

When they try to log in, it says "Good Evening ____" (their name), then has 2 buttons - "Continue Activation" and "Login page", neither of which go anywhere useful (both go back to a logon prompt).

Their phone is still working without issue, but they can't log into the account to make any changes. I've searched on the support forum and help documentation and found no similar issues, so I'm not quite sure what to do. Can someone help?

2 REPLIES 2

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

You might need to go into their browser settings and clear their cache, history and cookies. Wait a little over an hour and tell them to try again. 

Are they able to sign in via the phone app? If they've already tried or haven't... still wait that little over an hour till the lock is taken off.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Newt567 

Message customer service and get them to link the eversafe account and the existing PM account.  Since you had an existing PM account but didn’t have an eversafe account the two need to be linked and only customer service can do that.

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

Need Help? Let's chat.