Did you mean: 

PM promotional plan upgrade through sms

nick999
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Been with PM for a while.

I have. 3 or 4 $ loyalty 

2$. Auto payment 

1 $ refer friend ...

They offer through sms a plan change that is attractive.

If I were to reply yes, the plan change would indeed upgrade.

Would I be loosing the account benefits e.g 4$ loyalty etc.. and switch to the point system? 

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

@dust2dust wrote:

@hTideGnow- Change plan on next renewal please.  You said change now.

@nick999- I would be interested if you want to be the tester to see if tapping the YES button does anything. Did you get a Yes button? Log in to your account and go to plan & add-ons and change plan and see if it got scheduled. If not then try actually typing YES as a reply. See if the plan got scheduled.

Or...see if the plan changed anyway which it shouldn't unless it also decided to take money from your credit card.

I just think it's an interesting method they seem to have set up.

I'm concerned about how Public Mobile could possibly know if the acocunt owner authorized the plan change. The user is not always the acount holder.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow- Change plan on next renewal please.  You said change now.

@nick999- I would be interested if you want to be the tester to see if tapping the YES button does anything. Did you get a Yes button? Log in to your account and go to plan & add-ons and change plan and see if it got scheduled. If not then try actually typing YES as a reply. See if the plan got scheduled.

Or...see if the plan changed anyway which it shouldn't unless it also decided to take money from your credit card.

I just think it's an interesting method they seem to have set up.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hTideGnow  why not reply yes?  Have there been issues with replying yes and the plan not being applied?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

No, you would NOT lose your rewards until you manually switch to points.

I would still recommend changing plan using computer and make screenshot of confirmation you DID change plan. Just replying yes - you have no proof. But that is me, how I would do that. I am sure replying yes will work...

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@nick999   Your rewards are attached to your account and so won't be affected by any plan change unless you decide to opt into the new points system (don't!).

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@nick999 

The old rewards are tied to your account not your plan. Only way to change is to go to the rewards page and make a conscious effort to switch to points which is not recommended for us old timers.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @nick999   

Plan change would not affect rewards.  You will be on the old rewards unless you explicitly opt-in for it

And don't reply the SMS.  Just login to My Account and make the plan change.  Choose Change plan on next renewal  to avoid loss from early renewal

[fixed.. thanks @dust2dust ]

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Nope...just don't opt outta Rewards...ever !

Need Help? Let's chat.