cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over payment

Shaherin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account changed automatically from $25 to  $35, as well as I was charged an auto Add-Ons from

August which I never subscribed to. I have two accounts on the same credit card. 

In my last bill in the months of Sept and Oct, I charged almost $ 150. for auto Add-Ons multiple

times  $16.95. I need an explanation. as well as how could you reimburse the amount to which I

did not subscribe. I tried to stop the auto payment. But my credit card info is still there. I would like to stop both of my auto payment options. How could I stop future overpayment?

I am very frustrated as a customer and I need an explanation. Also, it is very hard to contact PUBLIC MOBILE. No real person.
 Please help me
4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Shaherin 

PM would not change the plan without us doing it.  Anyone has access to your account?

Also, check your text.  PM has been sending promo text and asking people to change to better plan.  All we need to do is to reply Yes.  Maybe you clicked wrong? Check text

But if you have got $150 worth of addon in the 2 months, I really think someone could have access to your account or 4 digits PIN and then buy addon using *611.  And those addons are clearly showing on your Payment history on My Account?  I would change the PM account login first  as well as the 4 digits PIN just in case they are compromised

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shaherin 

I am sorry to hear about your overcharges. Do you know if either account received any text messages offering data top-ups? Usually they offer 1GB of data for $15 when the system detects that a user is close to running out of data and all it takes is to reply yes to the text to be charged.

I have a feeling that is what happened on one of the lines that you pay for. As for your account changing to $35, is the $35 the charge you are seeing on your credit card? Do know that the prices you see listed on the site do not include taxes. 

To stop automatically paying your bill every month you’ll have to login to your account, go to the payments tab, then click manage subscription, and click to turn off the subscription/autopay toggle. You’ll have to do this for each account.

Then to prevent you from being charged by responding to text messages you’ll have to message support and request for them completely remove the credit card from both accounts.

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Shaherin 

you can use this link to message a CSA agent for their help and explanation. Ask them to remove your credit card if that's what you want. In that case you'll need to manually pay renewal using vouchers or other methods.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Watch the little envelop icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond to your query.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Your credit card info will stay on file until agent removes it. To change autopay do this:

Payments

Manage subscription

Toggle Subscribed

Yummy_0-1697211622935.png

I doubt PM will charge you for any service out of blue. Most likely one of the accounts incurred charges purchasing some add-on or additional service(s).

Need Help? Let's chat.