cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to separate phone bills

zainab7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

So I would like to know if there is a way to separate personal phone call bills from the phone bills related to business. I have to make business calls from my phone then submit the bill of the phone calls to my company for reimbursement. But I get billed together for the personal calls that I make and the business calls. Is there a way that I can get information on exactly how much I spent on business calls?

Please let me know with your comments.

Thank you!

Zainab

10 REPLIES 10

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Unless you are on $15 plan (how could you conduct ANY business with 100 outgoing minutes???) all outgoing calls are included in a plan.

Unless you are paid by number of calls you make. Only solution for you will be to grab weekly call status from your PM account and keep two separate sheets (private/business). Then how would you prove that calling number 6471234567 was for business purpose...?

Maybe two separate accounts will work for you better.

@darlicious wrote:

@zainab7 

I would private message @CountyDownIeUk  who has an excel file program that may be able help filter billable hours for your work week and assign a portion of time to the percentage of your bill that your company is willing to pay. It does seem a little strange that they wouldn't just pay your entire bill or $25 which would entirely cover the unlimited calling portion of your bill.

My excel program will not work for that. 

OP has neglected to say what plan they have and if they can charge back for inbound and outbound calls. I would suggest voip or a second PM plan. Does OP work from home or on the fly? 

Caller detail is not that good on $15 plan, and do others have call detail? Voip.ms has excellent call detail and searching. Employer appears to be stingy. 

Edit: Depending on plan and caller detail...as mentioned......there is copy and paste into excel....then add a sort factor and sort....but then how do you price the minutes? Nor would I supply ALL of the call detail to the employer.

I remain....to have a fully paid for mobile plan supplied by the company....is not a good idea to use it for personal calls as the company will have full access to your calls etc. But to share is inconvenient but less infringing on your privacy. 

A second option for those billable calls is the way to go, in my opinion. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@zainab7 

at public mobile no option like that one line one bills,

public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges..

if you need invoice you have to required from Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,

Wow....great answer. 

still have to copy and paste i guess.. would be nice to have way to export all entries out with one click.. lol

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@zainab7 

I would private message @CountyDownIeUk  who has an excel file program that may be able help filter billable hours for your work week and assign a portion of time to the percentage of your bill that your company is willing to pay. It does seem a little strange that they wouldn't just pay your entire bill or $25 which would entirely cover the unlimited calling portion of your bill.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@zainab7, as most of the plans are unlimited Canada Wide calling, even printing out your usage and highlighting your work calls would still show those calls as being a $0.00 charge.  The only other way I can think of is to highlight business calls total the minutes and see what percentage of your total usage was for business and then ask your company to reimburse you that percentage of your Bill.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zainab7 

at public mobile no option like that one line one bills,

public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges..

if you need invoice you have to required from Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,

Anonymous
Not applicable

My comment is - how could a provider possibly know that a call is business or personal?

Yes, I would also suggest getting a dual-SIM phone and another account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@zainab7 What plan are you on ?  $25 plan and above has unlimited calling, there would be no charge for Business or personal calls at all

$15 plan has just 100 minutes but it is "free" , sort of , for that 100 minutes as well.  

Maybe get a different line for business is the solution you want?

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zainab7 

No way to separate uses within the same phone number, but each phone number gets its own billing summaries online. If you private message @CS_Agent they may be able to tell you about their ability to send you PDF bills/invoices.

Need Help? Let's chat.