cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from diff carrier to PM

Shubh2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

A friend of mine is with Rogers & wants to move to PM. But has no clue how to find the account number as her account has logged out and she cant find the password. 
I have suggested looking for her past bills, but I was wondering if it is not a good option that she does the porting with IMEI, isn't it? 
It is better to go for account number, but do let me know what can be the trouble, if she doesn't change the device for at least a year or two?
Thank you : ) 

6 REPLIES 6

Shubh2023

Her account is still active and she is using the sim yet, so that should not be a problem. Other than that, getting the account number or just like providing the IMEI number, but she has to pay the bill as well! 

Shubh2023

Oh that is great to hear and yes I can tell that to her, but I will just wait for her to call 611, just to get her bill sorted, so after that she can move ahead! 

@Shubh2023  Her account needs to be active so…to do a transfer the account with Rogers has to be active.

qubn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, moved from Rogers to PM and I just gave them my IMEI number, not any account numbers from Rogers. It worked flawlessly.

So if you want to get it done fast, you could give it a try

Shubh2023

Oh hey, 
Thanks for sharing your insights! She does not download the invoices.
She just pays it and that's it.
She told that she will call them to get the account number & also to help her login, so she can pay her dues, if any & then move to PM! 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

The account number should be in past invoices yes. Or they can telephone Rogers to get it. Inhave seen alot of posts where people have indicated that the port failed due to the EMEI number for various unknown reasons.  Even though the system ask for it first, i would recommend not to use it.

Changing phone is not necessary unless a new one is needed.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/transfer-your-number#:~:text=If%20you%20are%20ne....

Need Help? Let's chat.