cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing SIM Cards

dustinmathieu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So here is the issue. I transferred to Public Mobile a few weeks ago. Everything went well to transfer my phone number over. I initially set up using an eSIM. I much prefer a physical SIM card, so I ordered one, and received it in the mail today. I changed the SIM card number in my account to one on the physical card. I inserted the card in my iPhone SE (fully updated), disabled the eSIM, but was never able to enable to physical SIM. The "Turn On This Line" would keep toggling off. I deleted the eSIM to see if that would make a difference, but that only messed things up further. I lost the option of enabling the physical SIM altogether. All I would see was "No SIM" or "SOS Only" at the top of my screen. This is an unusual problem, as I used to have a physical SIM card for my old carrier (Virgin). I finally resorted to spending another $5 to get another eSIM, which works fine.

Anyone have any ideas as to why the physical SIM was not working? I did notice it connect to Public Mobile for a brief moment, but then go off immediately, before I could try anything. As I said before, I much prefer a physical SIM to facilitate moving between devices.

Thanks, Dustin

2 REPLIES 2

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dustinmathieu, did you try rebooting your phone after placing the new physical SIM card in? This worked for me once with my old carrier

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dustinmathieu 

It looks like your SIM was not provision correctly

please use the link below for the chat bot to open a support case, so agent can look into it.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.