cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with US data plan

PMticket1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a 15-day 250MB US Data add-on for a trip to the US.  Although the speed and service was mostly fine, I encountered two major problems.

1. The usage metre in the "Add-Ons Usage" section did not update for days on end.  For about one week after I purchased and started using the plan, it simply said that there were 15/15 days remaining and that 0MB had been used.  I tried using the app and desktop, but it gave me the same result.  It was only after returning from the US about one week after that it finally updated and showed me how much I actually used.
  2. Furthermore, I received a text message after a few days telling me that I had used 95% of my U.S. Data Roaming Add-On.  As I was unable to see how much data I actually used due to the problem described in #1, I mostly stopped using my data plan altogether.  My phone does have a data usage metre of its own and it told me that it had only detected about 153MB of data usage -  a far cry from 95% of 250MB (237.5MB).  When the metre as described above finally updated, it said that I had only used 65% of my data - confirming what my phone metre had been telling me.  Unfortunately, by the time I was able to see this I had already returned to Canada.

Has anyone else run into these problems?  And in any case, what could have caused them?

1 REPLY 1

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@PMticket1, I'm not aware if this happening before and since you said it was showing the same results with both the app and desktop I don't see how it was a caching issue but likelier a problem on the PM system. Is there any chance you have screenshots to show the usage not being updated throughout the days you were using it? I think it would be worth reporting to a CS_agent so that they are aware especially if others have had the same problem, or they might somehow be able to give you some insight as to what caused it 

Need Help? Let's chat.