cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One incoming phone caller can't get through to me

chrishutcheson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have one incoming caller who is unable to complete calls to me. My phone rings once when they call, and then hangs up. They tell me they are getting some message about the number not being in service. If I pick up early enough into the first ring, I hear the triple beep you usually et when someone hangs up. I don't know if this is a problem at their end or mine, but am wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and what the solution might be. Seeing as it's my cardiologist, the calls are kind of important...

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

chrishutcheson

Thanks! They did that for me yesterday afternoon, so hoping that does the trick.

Hey @chrishutcheson 

This might be a long shot but when you do "chat" with a CS Agent and nothing works, ask them to reset your network. You will have to shut your phone off and they can do a reset. Not sure if that would work but when mine is reset, most of my problems go away. 

chrishutcheson

The message my caller gets when they try to phone me is "6B1 - the number you are calling is not in service." I've tried everything else except the SIM card, as I don't have any other phone I could move it to.

@chrishutcheson   Did you send a private message to customer service as suggested earlier?  As I mentioned, I'm sure I recall there sometimes being a problem with specific landlines that an agent can probably fix.  I imagine it's a good possibility that your cardiologist is using a landline but maybe that's something you could ask them next time you have to call them.

HI @chrishutcheson 

can you ask your friend what provider he uses?

at the same time, submit ticket with PM agent first and ask them to check,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

chrishutcheson

Hi All - thanks for all the replies! I've tried everything suggested with the exception of the SIM card option. Everything appears to be setup OK at this end and this is the only number I seem to be having the problem with. I'm wondering - and am going to check - if they're using some sort of autodialer and whether that may be the issue. I added them to my list of contacts, but that doesn't seem have had any effect. We made it up to two rings when they called this morning but still no success connecting (until I called them) so it makes me wonder if the problem is at their end.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @chrishutcheson You've got a great slew of questions and answers below. I'll add one more thought as this happened to me.

Is it an iPhone? With new updates I found the "Block Unknown Callers" was set without me knowing. This blacked calls from my Dr's office. So I turned it off and they were able to get through. My Dr's office was the only blocked call. Go figure. Does that help at all?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Do you block that number by any chance?
Do you have set to reject anonymous callers? Some medical practitioners do block their number...

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@chrishutcheson 

is it just one caller or have other callers told you this happens to them as well ?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@chrishutcheson   My thought was the same as @Handy1  that the first thing would be to check you  haven't accidentally blocked the number.  When a number is blocked it often rings once and then stops.  But if not that, I remember some threads about certain landlines not getting through to PM numbers.  If it could be that then send a private message to customer service at this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply at the envelope icon top right, or if no envelope then select your avatar and there will be a drop down with Messages

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@chrishutcheson  Can you try the SIM card in another phone and ask them to call you ? Is it maybe possible you accidentally blocked them in your contacts ? Otherwise maybe try rebooting the phone reset network settings . Or turn on air plane mode and turn off .see if any of that helps 

Need Help? Let's chat.